What's new

Music You Should Never Have Parted With (1 Viewer)

Bill Cowmeadow

Second Unit
I've never seen a thread like this so I thought I bring it up.
In 1970 or 1971 I was given copies of the Steelers Wheel (Stuck In The Middle With You) and Mad Man Across The Water (Tiny Dancer) albums. These weren't the copies you could buy, but salesmans demo copies without labels on the center of the ablum, just a blank white label the salesman could write on. Of course, these titles became huge hits for the artists, and Of course I have no idea what happened to those prized items.
The other music I lost was a boxed set of 'Motown, The First Ten Years'. Oh, how I would love to have that back. I stupidly sold it for $10.00.

So, what music have you lost you wish you still had?

Bill

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I have thought about this for a long time. In the mid-60s I owned an album called From The Vaults. It was an album of hits from the early 60s but the album was from radio station WLS in Chicago with a picture of all the disc jockeys on the station at that time. WLS was THE radio station to listen to for top 40 songs in the 60s.

I loaned this album to a friend and before I could get it back he moved to California from Central Illinois. Every now and then I wish I had that album back.

John Watson

Screenwriter
As someone who has sold over 1000 LP's since the 1980's, I am forever saying, hmm, that never came out on cd, damn!

And the fact that albums as distinct from compilations, were very enjoyable, and losing them to be left with a Greatest Hits compilation, is something to regret later on, I will nominate :

SOUL SURFING by Kai Winding. I always assumed this would come out on cd, right? Noooo!

PS Marty M : I was just thinking about a thread on DJ's a few days ago, and the one I remember favorably was Joey Reynolds, at WKBW in Buffalo, in the mid 1960's. I've always wanted an album with his patter about the hits of the day, but I don't think one ever appeared. Anyway I found his business e-mail address, and am going to send him a message after the long holiday weekend you folks are having now.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Nilsson's Scatalogue - Nilsson (promo only release)
Miss Butters - The Family Tree
An Evening With Wild Man Fischer - Wild Man Fischer
Ars Nova - Ars Nova
Sunshine and Shadows - Ars Nova
Drop Dead - Arch Obler (classics from the "Lights Out" radio program)
Look Inside - The Asylum Choir
Space Hymn - Lothar and the Hand People
Smile! - The Beach Boys (Oh, wait. That never actually came out, did it? I guess I can dream, can't I?):b

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
1. The very first band I was in was called Dead Lettuce. Our first recording was done on a cheap recorder in our drummer's parents' basement. Instrument lineup included piano (me), trumpet (played by someone who didn't know how), drums and tambourine. No vocals. We recorded about 10 songs. Wish I still had that tape.

2. Wish I still had my G.I. Joe book-and-record sets, including the one wherein Joe battles the mummy and the one with Joe and the king cobra. "Joe, there's trouble in Somalia..."

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks