What's new

Music you liked at 15--Do you still like it? (1 Viewer)

CaseyLS

Second Unit
In the past few months, I have drastically changed what I listen to. I worked at a state park here in Kansas and I work with a lot of old guys, you know people in their mid forties,(jk)and the only thing they wanted to listen to was country. I was reluctant at first but I grew fond of a few stations and now I am a country music fan. I thinks it's because I can identify with it more because I am from a small farm town smack in the middle of nowhere, Kansas.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
15 in 1989.

The year Milli Vanilli ruled the airwaves and a cassette I listened to non-stop,yes I'm not afraid to admit it :)

INXS was number 1 with me, had most of their tapes and knew this was going to be my favorite band forever.

Other notables, Roxette, Midnight Oil, LL Cool J, Public Enemy, BDP and other hip hop artists of the time. It was the year I discovered Fleetwood Mac and Tango in the Night.

Do I still listen to them today? YES!! Except Milli Vanilli, although I do give it a listen once in a while, just for old times sakes ;)

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I do still like the music I listened to when I was 15: Beatles, Zep, VU, Joni Mitchell, Dylan, Springsteen, The Band, U2, Talking Heads, Who, Steely Dan, Simon + Garfunkel, Miles Davis, John Coltrane, not to mention classical music and other stuff. I was in a "cover band" at the time, and we dabbled in some '80s junk, but none of it stuck.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
...I grew fond of a few stations and now I am a country music fan.
Do you just make this stuff up as you go along Casey? :)

Everyone knows there is no good country music on the radio.

What you are listening to will lower your I.Q.

Jim

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
I was 15 around 1985. Back then I was a big metal head and listened to stuff like Maiden, Ratt, Judas Priest, Ozzy, etc. These days I rarely listen to any of the old school metal. Now it's stuff like Tool, Audioslave, A Perfect Circle, and Disturbed. I do occasionally check out new albums from older acts like Jane's Addiction though.

Doug_B

Screenwriter
Mid 70's for me. Into the classic rock groups at the time: Zep, The Who, Stones, Tull, etc. Don't listen to as much of this type anymore, as my tastes have changed somewhat, but I have been into some of it again more recently as high-rez material comes out (e.g., Stones, Floyd). I'm sure I'd get into more of it again if I upgraded my mid-80's CD versions to remasters, even if they're just redbook.

Doug

Howie

Auditioning
The Outlaws - "Green Grass & High Times." To this day I'll crank that baby up from time to time.

Howie

Jeff*Pecor

Auditioning
I was 15 in 1976. I was listening to Queen,elo,elton john,led zepplin,police,genesis,jon and vangelis,rod stewart,neil young,bowie,cheap trick,peter frampton(or am I a year early), steely dan, the cars i know i forgot some but...

I still like all the above with the exception of frampton and the police.

Today, I'm loving...
flaming lips
super furry animals
coldplay
travis
The clientele
david gray
elton (still)
starsailor
starsailor
starsailor
bowie
emmylou harris
neil young
meatloaf and jim steinman
ELBOW

I love music now like I did in the 70's. With sacd and dvd-a plus the music coming out of the UK (birmingham specifically) I'm like a kid in a candy store again.

Cagri

Second Unit
I was 15 in 1985, and most of the music I liked back then, I still like, but don't listen to as much as I did. Because there's music I like more now, and time is an important issue. I was into metal and my favourite bands were Judas Priest, Dio, Black Sabbath, Manowar, Iron Maiden, Overkill and Metallica. I mostly listen to classical rock now, which I'd find very soft back then.

fio

Auditioning
I used to listen to any kind of music and still do the same today. It could go from something slow like a melody to harder stuff that bothered other people's ears. My favorites are singers or groups with powerful voices.

Music i liked back then, i still have on tapes and vinyl. I don't listen to much of it though. I enjoy more when i hear what i used to listen back then on the radio or the satellite dish today as i don't have the time or wanting to look in my collection.

What i find nice is that old groups are always making a comeback and some sound even better. I am happy for them. They are keeping themselves young even if they don't have the looks.

But the nostalgy is there for some other groups. Their voices, styles and their look do change with age...

What changed with me it's that now, the physical looks of a group is not important anymore. If they have a voice or a message in their songs that touches me or gets me energized, they are o.k. i will look out for them...

Rand

Supporting Actor
Well I turned 15 in '68. I didn't listen to the music I did then at all from 30 to 48. I was listening to classical, jazz, celtic, etc. But starting a couple of years ago I got on a nostalgia kick and have listened to a lot of the old stuff again. Steppenwolf, Animals, Doors, John Denver, Cream, Electric Prunes, Zombies, Turtles, Dylan, etc.

Brian Ralph

Stunt Coordinator
I was 15 in 2001-2002

Obviously, I still like Spineshank (as my sig reflects), Disturbed, Linkin Park (I know most of you don't like them, but I do! So there! ), The Offspring, Alien Ant Farm, The Ernies, Huey Lewis & The News, Powerman 5000.
What the...??? [Sesame Street] Which one of these is not like the others? Which one of these does not belong? [/Sesame Street]

TommyT

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom
Hmmm, lessee here, around 15 I was into:

Van Halen (and unfortunately, Van Hagar until I realized what a pale shadow they were with Sammy at the front)

AC/DC
Prince
Judas Priest

and especially...

Def Leppard! They never did an album better than Pyromania!

Now, I'm into stuff I despised when I was 15, stupid & really pissy:

Police
The Who
Queen
Rush
CCR

And many, many 80s singles I could never stand back then, my favorite being Don't You (Forget About Me) by Simple Minds. Always reminds me of that fantastic last shot of Judd Nelson on the football field.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
let's see...15 puts me right in the mid-80's...so most of the bands i listened to aren't around anymore. :D

some that come to mind include U2, Depeche Mode and new order. i still listen to them fairly often and i'm glad they're still releasing albums.

other bands i really liked included most of the alternative/new wave scene (cure, smiths, etc). while they're not doing much anymore, i still enjoy listening to their older stuff.

no one can argue that i'm a pretty die-hard 80's fan.

now where the heck is my rubik's cube....?

George See

Second Unit
I was the freaky guy in my school, I remember in middle school when Guns and Roses was the Big thing I was listening to the Monkeys and the Beach Boys and the Beatles. Then I moved onto Queen, I stumbled onto R.E.M. circa green, about 2 years before they hit big with Out of Time and I was really into them, so when they hit all of the sudden I wasn't the freaky music guy I was the cool music guy...and then Nirvana and Pearl Jam came out while I was listening to the Velvet Underground and Pink Floyd. Eventually I did get into Nirvana and PJ but it was after they weren't the big thing anymore. I'm not sure where i'm going with this but yes I still listen to all the music i've ever listened to. Including when I was very young and my mother would put on all these old 50's records...i pretty much grew up with elvis and buddy holly, and lots of singles of all the big hit 50's tunes. A lot of people when I was 15 would make fun of my musical tastes, but really if they only knew how lucky I was to experience all that stuff at an early impresionable age. While they were mindlessly locked into what the radio and MTV wanted them to listen to. I still listen to a huge variety of music pretty much anyone that gets in my car at any time, can find something they like in my changer...whether it be classical, blues, metal, rap, rock...i've usually got a really diverse set of cd's in my car.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks