What's new

Music you don't admit to listening to what is your guilty pleasure? (1 Viewer)

Paul E V

Stunt Coordinator
Depends on who I'm talking to (their comments really -- "you own ____") but I like what I like and who really cares about anyone else --- I've even commented about the radio at work "this song bites" and then the good looking lady spoken to says "I like this song" ----- "Oh! ..... well it still bites, but I can tolerate hearing it" :b
My CD player contains:
ABBA, Ace of Base, Christina Aguilera, Asia, Backstreet Boys, Bass 305, Beach Boys, Beastie Boys, Beatles, Bee Gees, Boston, Brooks & Dunn, Buddy Holly, B-52s, Cars, Johnny Cash, Charlotte Church, Patsy Cline, CCR, Dave Clark 5, Cranberries, John Denver, Depeche Mode, Dido, Dion & the Belmonts, Celine Dion (player as I type), Dixie Chicks, Elvis, Enigma, Enya, Fastball, Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons, Garth Brooks, Genesis, Lesley Gore, Amy Grant, Heintje / Paul Delicato (2 albums on one CD-R), Hermans Hermits, Information Society, Ink Spots, Michael Jackson, Jan & Dean, Jean Michel Jarre, Phil Keaggy, Kingston Trio, Cyndi Lauper, Leann Rimes, Gordon Lightfoot, Linkin Park, Madonna, Mannheim Steamroller, C.W. McCall, Mindy McCready, Reba McEntire, Steve Miller Band, Milli Vanilli / Technotronic (another CD-R), Monkees, No Doubt, Northwest Spirit / New Tradition (yet another CD-R -- barbershop), Roy Orbison, P.M. Dawn, Partridge Family, Pink Floyd, Queen, Rush, Santana, Scorpions, Brian Setzer Orchestra, Shanana, Del Shannon, Sir Mix-A-Lot, Smash Mouth, Spike Jones, Statler Brothers, Rod Stewart, Sting, Styx, Third Eye Blind, B.J. Thomas, Transglobal Underground, Randy Travis, Shania Twain, Twisted Sister, U2, Ritchie Valens, Van Halen (not van hagar), Vanilla Ice, Ventures, Wierd Al, Wings, Stevie Wonder, ZZ Top, ---- a few soundtracks, ---- a bunch of compilations
I've recently ordered The Jarmels
And then there's the records and tapes that I haven't found/recorded on CD yet! ;)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I mainly listen to rock, classic rock, rock and roll, rap, gangsta rap, old school country, new school country, punk, grunge. Hell, I listen to just about everything.

So what do I consider a guilty pleasure then?

Girl Pop music.

Sure they're physically attractive, but their music isn't so bad. Britney, Mandy, Jessica, you know the drill.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Usually if I hear any 70s disco, I get my feet moving, even though it's workout music at best even if the song is quite good. But I wouldn't admit that to anyone in person.

Other than that, I don't really feel guilty about anything I listen to. If you don't say anything about my "Helen Reddy's Greatest Hits" CD (I actually own this, and enjoy much of it), then I'll keep my mouth shut about your heavy metal stuff.

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
Since I primarily listen to heavy metal (or rock at least), I would never admit to ANYBODY that I also like some specific 80's and 90's dance songs... NEVER! :)

Tommy G

Screenwriter
The Bangles yes I admit it but who can hold a candle to Susannah Hoffs in her heydey. C'mon everyone walk like and egyptian with me.
Link Removed

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I.... find.... it..... hard.... to.... admit..... that..... I...... like..............arghhhhhhhhhhh
DURAN DURAN,
There I said it. I like duran duran.
Whew, it's good to get that one off my chest. :)

Eve T

Supporting Actor
Dave, heh I LOVE Duran Duran! :D
Since I started this thread I thought it important to let the cat out of the bag with one of my biggest guilty pleasures....
TWISTED SISTER
(hangs head in shame)
(hangs head in shame)

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
Most of my friends think I'm nuts because my list of 3 favorite artists went like this:

1. Metallica

2. John Denver

3. Prince

So, at one time or another, depending upon the group, I get to be ridiculed about at least one, if not two, of the three.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Roy Orbison
Patsy Cline
Glenn Miller
Artie Shaw's Begin the Beguine
ABBA
Connie Francis
MoTown
The Shirelles
Brook Benton
The Drifters
Little Anthony and the Imperials
Doo-Wop
The Platters' Harbor Lights
I am especially fond of mid-sixties girl group recordings produced by Phil Spector with that Wall of Sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks