What's new

Music Rights Stopping The Dean Martin Show? (1 Viewer)

ChadKo

Stunt Coordinator
Is it an issue with the music rights why The Dean Martin Show hasnt been released?

Chad

JasonPW

Stunt Coordinator
I imagine so....very few variety shows have had full episodes released. "Carol Burnett" (by subscription), Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour, upcoming Tony Orlando set...

Were you aware of the "Best Of" Dean Martin Show DVD series? I think Guthy-Renker puts it out....some 15 or so volumes, an hour each. Not complete episodes, but still thoroughly entertaining...and each volume has lots of good stuff, both music spots and comedy.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Variety shows are a real nightmare to license apparantly. But those of us 70's fans really, really want more of these shows to come out. What I wouldn't do for complete sets of Carol Burnett and SNL. I think I'm going to hold my breath until that happens. :angry:

rockinricky

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richard Edwards
Yes, "The Dean Martin Show" is currently being sold by Guthy Renker. It is sold on a subscription plan where you get the first volume "Best Of" for $9.95 plus $3.95 shipping. The other volumes (24 more) are 1 hour long for $19.95 each. At $20/hour, the company should be called Guthy Ripoff.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
*Old thread up*

Found this:
9/22/2007 The Dean Martin Show DVD news: Analysis of DVD Ownership Rights for The Dean Martin Show | TVShowsOnDVD.com

BREAKING NEWS — NBC U, Guthy-Renker, Garrison Settle « The Golddiggers

"The lawsuit that millions of Dean Martin fans the world over had hoped would at last bring about their long-cherished desire to see complete episodes of The Dean Martin Show made available once again, has been dismissed with the consent of all of the parties to the case.

The Golddiggers Super Site, which broke the news of the suit last September, is the first to report that an out-of-court settlement has been reached between plaintiff NBC Universal, Inc. and defendants Guthy-Renker Corp., Greg Garrison Productions, Inc., Ronald L Blanc, Black Horse Television Enterprises, LLC, and Barrump-Bump Publishing Co."

"PEACE, BUT AT WHAT PRICE?: (above and below) The actual settlement order putting an end to NBC Universal’s legal claims against Greg Garrison Productions, Guthy-Renker et al over the rights to the use of selected footage from The Dean Martin Show. Now comes the crucial question: Have the parties to this accord just signed the death warrant to any fresh release of this prized series, or instead (hopefully) just given it a new lease on life?"

Other links:
Whose Show Is It Anyway? « The Golddiggers

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I'd love to see season sets of Dean Martin and of the Golddiggers summer shows (especially the 2nd season of the Golddiggers featuring the Times Square Two as regulars).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks