What's new

Music recommendation (1 Viewer)

EricDeB

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys, I'm not a huge music listener (mostly movies and video games), but I'm looking for some new artists to listen to. I'm a huge rage against the machine fan, and I love their guitar riffs and vocal style. I'm just wondering if anybody knows of any similar groups or another group with awesome guitar like that.

Thanks a ton
Eric

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
Agreed with Jesse Malin, in that same style try out Ryan Adams (no relation to Bryan Adams) he's got a ton of good work, a lot of it is alt. country, but "Gold" is the album that made him famous.

If you like Rage, then there's Audioslave, Velvet Revolver (Slash from G'n'R... nuff said), Tool, Dream Theater...

I would recommend John Mayer Trio - Try! if you like blues/rock at all, John's a good guitarist.

Other than that yeah Pandora is the best website for finding new music.

Kyle McCabe

Stunt Coordinator
I agree John Mayer is an excellent guitarist. I'm a guitarist myself, so I tend to be extra critical of that aspect of the music I listen to.

"Alaska" by Between the Buried and Me is definitely one badass CD that I can NOT remove from my disc changer! You might also check out Sonic Youth or anything by Thurston Moore if you really like that "artsy" approach to the guitar (like Tom Morello). I like to poke around on YouTube to find other amazing guitarists.

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez
Porcupine Tree - check 'em out. Can't recall the last time I was excited about a band..and then I heard PT a few years ago. Great riffs, great vox, great music. Better late than never...

Manus

Second Unit
Great shout felix. And I would recommend starting with 'In Absentia' followed by 'Deadwing' if you're into guitar playing !

~M~

Jon_B

Screenwriter
I am also a huge rage fan. Not so much into audioslave mainly because i don't really like chris cornell's voice. That said they do have some good songs. I have not found anything really similar to rage, so i'll just give you a few favs;
1) sevendust (i like just about all there songs
2) future leaders of the world - (i like the song "let me out)
3) nonpoint - (i like the song "the truth")

on a side not, i didn't fully understand how pandora works any help here?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks