What's new

Music Player app for a Blackberry 8900? (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Anyone have any suggestions on this? The installed MP3 player is frankly rubbish. I like listening to my music based on albums, not random songs, and have my albums in nicely labeled folders. This worked great on my old phone and with WINAMP on my PC, since I could chose a folder as a starting point, for example "Beatles, The (1963) - Please Please Me" and the player would not only play the album, it would then move on to the next one and play it. It was great since I could obsessively listen to my music in chronological way based on artist. (Don't judge me for my OCD....)

This Blackberry player though seems to get the info strictly from the tags, and playlists are only able to be created from the individual songs, so it's dead rotten for listening to albums since you have to pick them based on album title (no artist info is listed when you look at the album list). Anyone know if there's a app that lets you create a playlist from a folder list? I'd rather not have to buy an ipod of other 3rd party device since I only use it when I'm out and about and my phone with MP3s is just fine for that.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
There are quite a few available in the App Store which are free.. I haven't tried that many, so I can't comment, but there are several out there you can at least try for nothing ;)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm just not finding them. Out of the 5 or so that show up in "Blackberry App store" or whatever it's called, 3 looked even worse then the one that comes with the phone. The other two wouldn't output to the headphone jack or allow any different sorting, and one of them when I closed it wiped out the "Download" folder so I couldn't get back into the app to shut the damned song off! I've deleted them since, and see no other choices.

I guess the bottom line is, for a phone with an mp3 player, the sony ericcson I had from 4 yeas a go can't be beat for simplicity. I thought a more sophisticated phone would at least match a 4 year old one, but this blackberry app is absolute shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks