Music numbers from Tribute to Heroes telathon

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rain, Sep 23, 2001.

1. Rain

Rain Producer

So, here goes my first post in the Music Area....
    I caught some of the telathon the other night and was quite impressed with a couple of the performances.
    Firstly, I never would have thought that anyone could sing "Imagine" as well as John Lennon, but Neil Young's performance was amazing. All the more fitting on the theme of unity, since he is a Canadian man singing a song by a British Man for a US charitable cause. Very nice.
    I was also wondering if anyone can tell me who that was singing "Wish You Were Here." Call me stupid, but I didn't recognize the guy. Another nice job on someone else's song. Am I just hallucinating or did they write an additional verse to the song for that performance. Seems to me there were some lyrics that don't appear in Floyd's original version.
    I'm hoping they will release a CD or something of the performances, with the money of course going to the cause.
    If anyone can answer my questions, I'd sure appreciate it.
    ------------------
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    "Imagine all the people, living life in peace..." - Imagine by John Lennon
    Anyone in the Vancouver Canada area interested in a meet? Click here
    MOVING ON DOES NOT MEAN FORGETTING.

2. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

"Wish You Were Here" was Fred Durst of Limp Bizkit (now you say "No Way")
    Most of these questions are being answered at http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/001376.html on the TV Forum.
    I would bet (all money going to the Red Cross) on there being a CD out.
    ------------------

3. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Out of all the musical performances, I couldn't stand Durst's performance of that classic Floyd song. He didn't just add a verse, he completely redid the lyrics. IMO, if you're going to change the lyrics in such a huge way as he did, you might just write a whole new song. Perhaps it's just me, but I'm not a big fan of artists who just sample old songs and writing their own lyrics, which is what Fred Durst did.
    On an aside, I didn't recognize Trent Reznick and assumed that was the rest of the Limp Bizkit band..
    Jay
    ------------------
    HUGBEES! My Equipment List
    Rider in the 2001 Alaska AIDS Vaccine Ride
    Wanna help?

4. Rain

Rain Producer

5. jeff peterson

jeff peterson Supporting Actor

Yes, that was John Reznick of the Goo Goo Dolls. There's a long discussion on the program over on the TV shows topic.