What's new

Music, musicians in Seattle (1 Viewer)

Gwon Chang

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Seattle people, I know you're in here!
Hello?.... Hello-o-o-o?
Anyway, if you like to Rock, check this out. My band, Ethyl, is playing this Friday, February 1 at the Central in Historic Pioneer Square. Have nothing to do tomorrow? Come on down! Like to try before you buy? Take a listen to our mp3s here. You can also check our official website for more info.
Anyone else in this place a musician? Let's hear it!
Gwon

Gwon Chang

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys,
I play bass too. Have been for about 16 years (Wow! since middle school!). Anyway, what're your stories? Play a lot/little? What kind of gear do you have? Influences? Current gigs?
Just curious!
Gwon
Check out my Site!

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Let's see...

I started playing bass around 1986. I started out with an inexpensive Fender and eventually ended up with a very nice Carvin (their neck-thru body basses are some of the sweetest I've ever played!) As for amps, I always used some kind of Peavey. Then around 1992 I sold all of my equipment to help pay for college. I always sang backup vocals as a bassist so making the jump to lead vocalist came pretty natural. Besides...the only equipment you need to be a vocalist is a nice microphone, a strategically placed rolled-up sock, and a pair of assless leather pants (Van Halen and David Lee Roth fans will get the joke)! Did that for a few years and eventually gave it all up after my band's demos went nowhere. I've thought about getting back into music but I'm just not sure I have the time anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks