Music, musicians in Seattle

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gwon Chang, Jan 31, 2002.

1. Gwon Chang

Gwon Chang Stunt Coordinator

Hey Seattle people, I know you're in here!
    Hello?.... Hello-o-o-o?
    Anyway, if you like to Rock, check this out. My band, Ethyl, is playing this Friday, February 1 at the Central in Historic Pioneer Square. Have nothing to do tomorrow? Come on down! Like to try before you buy? Take a listen to our mp3s here. You can also check our official website for more info.
    Anyone else in this place a musician? Let's hear it!
    Gwon

2. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

Yup. Bass player. [​IMG]

3. Todd H

Todd H Go Dawgs!

Todd
    Yup. Vocalist/bassist/mediocre guitarist. [​IMG]

4. Gwon Chang

Gwon Chang Stunt Coordinator

Hey guys,
    I play bass too. Have been for about 16 years (Wow! since middle school!). Anyway, what're your stories? Play a lot/little? What kind of gear do you have? Influences? Current gigs?
    Just curious!
    Gwon
    Check out my Site!

5. Todd H

Todd H Go Dawgs!

Todd
    Let's see...

I started playing bass around 1986. I started out with an inexpensive Fender and eventually ended up with a very nice Carvin (their neck-thru body basses are some of the sweetest I've ever played!) As for amps, I always used some kind of Peavey. Then around 1992 I sold all of my equipment to help pay for college. I always sang backup vocals as a bassist so making the jump to lead vocalist came pretty natural. Besides...the only equipment you need to be a vocalist is a nice microphone, a strategically placed rolled-up sock, and a pair of assless leather pants (Van Halen and David Lee Roth fans will get the joke)! Did that for a few years and eventually gave it all up after my band's demos went nowhere. I've thought about getting back into music but I'm just not sure I have the time anymore.