What's new

Music lover's confusion of David Bowie (1 Viewer)

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
I suppose when they start releasing his albums on DVD-A and/or SACD (not sure which camp RCA lines up in), we can look forward to buying them again.

Alan K

Agent
Many of the songs you list were from his chart-busters phase of the early-mid eighties. He now openly admits this was not his best music and was writing music to sell records. My favorites in approximate order-

Ziggy Stardust etc. . .

Earthling

Man Who Sold the World

Diamond Dogs

Hours

Those are my faves. For a good laugh, listen to the Deram Anthlolgy of his really early work, I just wouldn't buy it (if I hadn't already). It does have a couple good tracks, though. Also, if you can get your hands on live stuff, it's pretty good. I've got a bootleg on which he sings "I've Got You Babe" with Marianne Faithful, it's kinda weird.

PienSavaca

Stunt Coordinator
David Bowie Ch-Changes Record Label Again

"LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Veteran rocker David Bowie has quit the Virgin Records label, which released his last three albums, and set up an independent music company, he announced on his Web site.
Bowie's new label, ISO, will release his upcoming untitled album, the 24th solo release of his career. Virgin had scheduled it for release March 12. ISO will have offices in New York and London, and has already signed two new unidentified artists -- a solo act and a band."

Timon Russo

Stunt Coordinator
I would have to put Man Who Sold the World up there in my top 20 albums all time, and #1 for Bowie. Also love Ziggy; and Space Oddity would round out my top 3 Bowie. Not a fan of the Berlin trilogy as much as everyone else is, I guess. Got to have my spiders.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks