Music lover Plea

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Andre Baptiste, Dec 26, 2003.

1. Andre Baptiste

I am obsessed with high quality musical equipment.I love it i love it,it amazes me that people like Bob carver Martin logan
    Mark Levinson and all the great names in the industry can put together such exquisite pieces of equipment.Numerous times i have cried listening to music (classical)to me music is just more than vibration in the air its emotional it moves you.But i am a student and of course i dont have much of a revenue so would any one suggest what system, may it be home theater in a box or cheap components that would give me some kind of high fidelity musical reproduction.I have a pc so maybe you all can give me ideas about integrating it into music system Or should you guys think i should build.
    Your help would be appreciated aloooooooooooooooot.

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Hi there and welcome aboard, Andre. You will find your kindred spirits and fellow/sister music lovers in abundance here. And "high quality" does not necessarily mean "high-priced."

Since you're asking for specific model recommendations for a musical-sounding home-theater system, I've moved your heartfelt post here, where it is sure to attract similarly heartfelt replies.

Good luck in your quest!

3. AaronJB

AaronJB Second Unit

Also, people recommending certain models or brands would need an idea of what your budget is.

4. Robert Cowan

Robert Cowan Supporting Actor

work at an AV store... you get a ton of free/cheap stuff. im a student as well, and dont spend much at all on my system. ive got around $10K worth of gear now, and it rivals most systems ive heard. its the best among all my friends for sure.

your second option is to find those pieces of equipment that perform well outside of your price range. my first speakers (PSB Image 4T) were like this. they just sounded awesome for the price...

secondly, you can build a lot of your stuff. amps are relatively easy to build. hope that helps!

5. James~P

James~P Stunt Coordinator

What size room are you going to be having this stuff in?

6. Andre Baptiste

First i'd like to thank Jack Briggs For moving my post it meant a lot to me.I'am not asking for specific models..... yea like i can afford one of Bob's tracking Down converters or mark Levinson's reference pre amps lol.Any recommendation would do.You see i live in a country where Home Musical equipment is really scarce (yea its sooooo bad they think bose is the best) but car audio is plentifull overhere, but there are numerous radioshacks.And they carry the much hailed onkyo Ht-S767c.Soooo i was thinking of buying that, maybe experienced
    users can give me some feedack on that system then i considered building but as i said quality drivers are soooooo hard to get in my country.Yup our conversion rate is 6 to 1 sooooo that new Digital eq Subwoofer from velodyne retailing at $4995 is about $30,000 lol.So if i am building i cant use drivers like Shiva and sooo forth i was thinking of using some infinity car components to build my mains would that be a good idea??????? recievers on the other hand are easy to get.So when you all are replying keep that in mind.One place though has selenium and jbl drivers jbl has a good track record ut is selenium any good????.Soooooo any advice or help on my starter system would be welcomed.Thanking whoever replies in advance orrrrrr before i forget Robert Sir can you give me some URL's that deals with amp building Thanks