What's new

music hall cd25 cd player (1 Viewer)

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
This unit looks to be the player the Music Hall CD25 was based on.

Even though this isn't the "Speakers" section, check out Usher Audio's speakers....some are designed by Joseph D'Appolito.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Music Hall as others import their players from overseas and it wouldn't surprise me to see similar units with slightly different faceplates.

Sathyan

Second Unit
FeisalK,

I got the player (over the Christmas holiday) and am very pleased with the sound produced and imaging. I now prefer CDs to SACDs.

I also bought a Straightwire Chorus interconnect to go with it.

Sathyan

FeisalK

Screenwriter
Sathyan thanks. damn thats tempting now. I was quoted USD295 shipped to Singapore (from HK)

have you got a lot of HDCDs? i was surprised to find that i had quite a few myself - not paid attention to the packaging before.

Sathyan

Second Unit
Keep in mind I'm upgrading from using a DVD player (Pioneer DV563) so all discs sound better.

Well-recorded discs like XRCDs sound much much better. As far as HDCDs, I only have a few but now will buy more as they are cheap. For the pop HDCDs (C. Wright, M. McBride, Dixie Chicks, etc.) there wasn't a big improvement but on the serious music (Lara St. John, Madeleine Peyroux, Reference Recordings reissues, etc.) astonishing depth was added.
In fact, I'd say the Reference Recordings catalogue (http://referencerecordings.com/) is the biggest reason to own an HDCD player

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks