1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Music from PC to Receiver

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Sorenson, Sep 9, 2002.

1. David Sorenson

David Sorenson Stunt Coordinator

I had the delima in my old house where my computer and stereo were in separate rooms and my wife wanted to play her MP3's on the computer but listen to them on the stereo. I got X10's DVDAnywhere system as the fix and it worked version well.

Now I have a new home and ...new 2.4Ghz phones. The phones make the X10 system unusable.

What other systems are out there that don't use the 2.4Ghz frequencies? I don't have a 900Mhz phone so that range might work. My computer and stereo are still in separate ends of the house. I'm heard that you get a hum when direct connecting with analog but not with digital. My Live card has their digital out and my Rotel does have digital in but I don't know if they are compatible.

Any suggestions?

2. Peter D

Peter D Stunt Coordinator

You might want to try something like the Rio Receiver. No reception worries plus you don't have to have the music playing on the PC itself.

3. David Sorenson

The Rio Reciever doesn't do streaming audio so it wouldn't get everything my wife wants.

4. Chad Ellinger

Chad Ellinger Second Unit

Turtle Beach's AudioTron does streaming audio.

5. KevinF

KevinF Auditioning

The hi-fi link from www.xitel.com is a simple low cost
    solution.

6. David Sorenson

Looks like I'm going to be running wires no matter what I choose. I just had my surround speakers installed and when they ran the wires they ended up cutting a segment of my security system. I'm not really wanting to repeat that again. What a pain....