What's new

Music - Concert DVD's (1 Viewer)

John Geelan

Screenwriter
Eurythmics: Peace Tour dvd is also awesome. Check this one out!

Also the new from Yes/ Symphonic Yes is very good.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I think Iron Maiden: Rock In Rio is mindblowing!! DTS and DD 5.1 tracks plus a second disc of interviews etc.
Also put in a vote for both Metallica S&M and Cunning Stunts as well as Fleetwood Mac The Dance; and even though the audio on Sarah Mclachlan Mirrorball is questionable ill vote for it cause I love Sarah :) and I have yet to see her live. :frowning:

Lance_R

Stunt Coordinator
The Who Live at the Royal Albert hall is 16x9 with DTS

The VH1 Storytellers of Billy Idol has a DTS track - this one great DVD the songs with just Billy and his acoustic guitar player are unbelievable.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Death Live in LA
Sepultura Chaos DVD
SOD Speak English or Live
Fugazi Instrument
Metallica Cliff Em All

LarryE

Stunt Coordinator
Great recommendations. I do enjoy The Dance very much. Has anyone had a chance to check out McCartney's new concert DVD. I've heard mixed reviews.

KevinJ

Supporting Actor
i watched it last night...it's nowhere near as bad as most people make it out to be...in fact it's quite good imho

MitchJS

Grip
I'll throw my vote in for Springsteens NYC concert. I've been to many of his concerts, but watching it up close was amazing. He puts so much heart and guts into his performances. I also really like the Santana Supernatural dvd. It's a live performance with singers like Dave Matthews, Rob Thomas, Lauryn Hill, Sarah Maclaughlan and others. The picture is great and the sound quality is top notch.

Tim H

Stunt Coordinator
Another vote for Eurythmics: Peacetour. It was the first DVD that made my mouth drop. The anamorphic video simply looks stunning, and the 5.1 sound is great too!

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I have "Live at Knebworth(1990)" on laserdisc, and this title appeared briefly on DVD in the format's infancy. I just saw a new version on DVD at Best Buy; it's now in widescreen and with a new 5.1 Dolby Digital and dts surround mix.

lee.b

Stunt Coordinator
You folks have forgotten one. Neil Finn (sessions at 54th st. - or something like that). I belive it was taken from pbs. Recorded a couple years ago. For those that don't know the name, he is the singer in Crowded House (and the Split Ends).

4:3, and probably considered just a 'good' recording and audio (very dark stage atmosphere), but excellent for what is most important - quality of music.

I wasn't a Neil Finn fan until a member of my acoustic trio started to play a couple of his songs. Suffice to say, there is more to neil finn that crowded house. On this dvd he plays acoustic guitar/elec. gtr/bass/piano. His teenage son plays guitars/drums.

Some well written/performed beautiful songs - if it is your cup of tea. It's not a fancy schmansy production like the Eagles - but has much depth in listening value. Hope this helps.

Ron Etaylor

Second Unit
Watch out for that Knebworth dvd. The bastards put the layer in change in the middle of...HEY JUDE:angry: The McCartney dvd has great sound, but the video is grainy. The latest Ringo and the All Stars dvd has excellent sound and video(I heard it won an award for surround mix).

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Ron, for the "Watch Out!" on the Knebworth DVD. I guess I will have to hold on to my LD then.

itai

Stunt Coordinator
eagles - hell freezes over
krall - paris
bee-gees - one night only
santana - supernatural
roger waters - in the flesh
elton john - one night only

Charles Gurganus

Supporting Actor
Lee, another great Neil Finn DVD is called 7 Worlds Collide found at the below link....
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...v=glance&s=dvd
I'd also recommend you check out the Dreaming The Videos, which is a Crowded House video collection. I have all 3 DVD's and 7 Worlds is my favorite. For great Neil Finn Split Enz influenced records look for Time and Tide, Frenzy and Conflicting Emotion. These are 3 of the better Split Enz CD's.

lee.b

Stunt Coordinator
Charles...just a quick thank you. I think I had seen that 7 worlds mentioned on the 'net'but I never focused in on it for one reason or another. I read the reviews on your link and combined with your vote of confidence have put it on my to-do list. Thanks for the suggestion and push.

Lee

Howie A

Second Unit
I have not seen many votes for a few of my favorite
concerts on DVD. Here they are in no special order.

Dave Matthews Band / Listeners Supported
Dave Matthews Band / Live at Folsom Field
Incubus – Morning View (cool extra features)
Incubus - When Incubus Attacks, Vol. 2
Pearl Jam / Touring Band
Sting / A Brand New Day
Sting / All This Time (cool extra features)
(show was held on 9-11 and the band taped a meeting to talk
about what went on, and decided "THE SHOW MUST GO ON!")
U2 / Elevation Tour 2001 / Live from Boston
Metallica / S & M (great sound with the orchestra accompaniment)

I have been wanting to pick up Roger Waters in the flesh.
Those of you that have that would recommend it right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks