What's new

Music channels, do they have pic? (1 Viewer)

Harold Southard

Stunt Coordinator
We get a bunch of music channels. If I turn to one of this the screen is "black", no picture. Is this no picture at all or is it "black" that might cause burn in?

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
I assume you mean via satellite or cable, yeah these are usually just black screens with music, or they have a text display of the song info of what's playing.

A full-black screen should cause no wear at all, and certainly no burn-in. It is bright portions of the picture that causes phosphor wear on a CRT TV. Consult the Burn in thread at the top of this forum for more info.

IF there is a fixed text display or other logos on the screen for long periods of time, you may suffer froom burn in. Again, consult the thread.

John S

Senior HTF Member
On my cable system, some channels have zero text, some give the text only when the song changes then it goes black again, some channels give text all the time in different formats for each song as to avoid burn in.

Tim Jin

Supporting Actor
I have music channels from cable and mine does shows pictures, like album covers and the history of the group. I have everything going through an amp. I flip to the music channel and turn my tv off and listen through my 5.1.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks