MURDER, SHE WROTE: Season 4?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Andrew Budgell, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Andrew Budgell

Andrew Budgell Screenwriter

Andy Budgell
    It's been a couple months since the release of Season 3 and I'm hoping we'll see an announcement for the 4th season soon. Season 3 was announced when Season 2 was released, so with a lack of news I'm worried that the sales of 2 and 3 weren't good enough to warrant another release. I love this show and sincerely hope we'll see the release of the remaining seasons! Especially since it appears as if Universal is getting its act together.

Andy

2. JonathanBB

JonathanBB Stunt Coordinator

Maybe it will come out in December like Season 2 did. I hope not, though. I would prefer an earlier release.

3. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

yea, that;s what I'm guessing, season 3 came out roughly a year after season 1 came out, releasing season 4 around the anniversary of 2 would make good sense

4. ethanTo

ethanTo Stunt Coordinator

This series is on my list of tv shows I liked...but just not QUITEEE enough to buy them on DVD. I do miss this show a bit though, when Angela Fletcher comes to town, you better know somebody's dyin'

5. julienUK

julienUK Stunt Coordinator

I too amlooking forawrd to season 4!
    I watched season 3 in like a week.
    I just love this show.

I think Angela Lansbury is just great.

small question: Sheriff Toper left the show at some point and the actor went on to be on his own detective show called Father something, where his sidekick was a nun, I do think it was created by the same guys behind MSW...

Any idea if it is gonna be released?

BTW the crossover episode with Magnum P.I. was great on the 3rd set!

6. Phyll

Phyll Stunt Coordinator

In my Columbo Season 4 set I received a coupon for $5 off of the Murder She Wrote Season 4 Set. It says it will be released by Jan. Did anybody else notice this coupon and if Universal doesn't release it, can I get my $5? I am sure Universal will release it by Jan. I am wondering if they are revamping the sets and doing away with the double-sided discs? That would be nice. But how much bigger could these sets get? I am running out of room and I only have two seasons!!

7. ethanTo

ethanTo Stunt Coordinator

That show was called Father Dowling Mysteries i believe (you can look it up on tvshowsondvd.com for release dates)

8. Andrew Budgell

Andrew Budgell Screenwriter

Andy Budgell
    Phyll, thanks for letting us know that it should be out by January. That's quite far away - at least six months! I hope it's worth the wait, and they do re-vamp the sets. They are so bulky and take up so much room. It would be wonderful if they were more compact and on single sided discs. If they change over to slimmer boxes people will still complain they don't match the other sets on their shelves. I just want the seasons!

Andy

9. JonathanBB

JonathanBB Stunt Coordinator

For Season Four I hope they switch to single sided discs and have slimcases instead of those huge keepcases.

10. julienUK

julienUK Stunt Coordinator

yes that's it!
    oops caps on...
    It's showing here from time to time on BBC1.

It's not bad, but I still prefer MSW!

11. John Stell

John Stell Supporting Actor

John Stell

The latest Rockford Files set came with six single-sided discs which were packaged in a digi-pack with overlapping discs. The result is a set with about the same width as the current MSW seasons but without the pesky DVD-18s. I have a feeling this could be the new way Universal is packaging its season sets of 1 hour shows.