What's new

Murder on the Orient Express (2017) (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Deadline is reporting tonight that Fox has moved the release date of Death on the Nile from November 8 to December 20, 2019.

https://deadline.com/2018/06/20th-c...enneth-branaghs-death-on-the-nile-1202416198/

November 8 would have put it up against Bond 25.

December 20 puts it directly against Star Wars Episode IX.

First of all: is Fox high?

Yes, Jumanji and The Greatest Showman did well against Star Wars last year, but they didn't open literally on the same day. I think it's still important to give Star Wars at least a few days to suck all the air out of the box office before attempting to launch a big movie in its wake.

Also, it doesn't matter since the Disney deal will have closed by then, and there's no way Disney will release both on the same day.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
December 20 puts it directly against Star Wars Episode IX.

First of all: is Fox high?

In 2015, Universal released the Tina Fey/Amy Poehler movie Sisters on the same day as The Force Awakens. The film found it's audience; it wasn't a huge hit though. But in one of the best lines ever, Amy Poehler - when asked about opening on the same day as a Star Wars movie - said "Oh, we are going to fucking crush Star Wars."

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
In 2015, Universal released the Tina Fey/Amy Poehler movie Sisters on the same day as The Force Awakens. The film found it's audience; it wasn't a huge hit though.

I get your point, but I think a film like Death on the Nile will overlap more with the Star Wars audience than Sisters did. Also, there's no way that Disney ends up releasing two films on the same date,e and by December 2019 they will own Fox, so I'm sure that will end up getting moved again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks