Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Neil Middlemiss

Murder on the Orient Express (2017) Blu-ray Review
2J283YNxKhxAqHeVegUJ5mzLfGb-1024x576.jpg

Branagh brings a real energy and lush flavor to his adaptation of one of author Agatha Christie’s most treasured stories. A dazzling production with a terrific, if under-exploited cast, the film is wonderfully staged. While it doesn’t reach perfection, and stumbles occasionally, it’s a promising start to a potential film series with Branagh as Poirot. Domestic and international box office receipts for the film totaled $350MM on a $55MM budget. That augurs well for more period-set murder-mysteries on the big screen.

[review]

sidburyjr

Second Unit
Real Name
Dick Sidbury
Except for the fact that I don't think that the gangster (Johnny Depp) is a suspect, I agree with everything that you said about the production. I saw it in the theater, thanks to MoviePass and except for the fight which I thought was out of character I was quite pleased. The beginning, concerning the stolen icon, was not in the book and I thought that was a nice addition to the story.

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
In the end I went to view the film 4 times at the Cinema loving the masterly direction and look of the film. We acquired the Blu-Ray and along with the film watching the making of it and joy of seeing those 65mm cameras in action this film will rest fairly high up the BR stack for some time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks