Murder in Small Town X

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jerry Almeida, Sep 5, 2001.

1. Jerry Almeida

Jerry Almeida Second Unit

Jerry Almeida
    Does anyone have any comments on the final episode?
    I liked the show, and thought it put an entertaining twist on the same old reality show. I liked the way we discovered who the killer was, it was creepy.
    I hope this show gets picked up for another season. A reunion show would be nice too.

2. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

I liked this show too. I kind of wished I had taped the episodes so I could go back to see if the solution makes sense. I have to admit I was more interested in the dynamics of the players than the actual crime itself.
    I'm glad Angel won, though I did like Alan as a person, and though I was really rooting for Katie. I'm glad Jeff didn't make it to the final two. He was such an asshole! In real life I wouldn't have liked Kristin. She reminds me of too many supervisors I have worked for, but the way she was treated by Jeff and some of the other losers made me feel very sympathetic for her.
    I hope they do another one as well, but this brings up a point about reality shows. I think they should remain summer replacements. Of course I will be watching Survivor (while taping Friends) and I will give Lost and the Great Race (or whatever it's called) a chance. I have never been able to stomach Big Brother and I thought the Mole was an interesting idea that was poorly executed. I stopped watching Road Rules and The Real World this season because I am now almost 20 years older than the contestants and can no longer relate. And I think Temptation Island and Love Cruise are so trashy they should be on the Fox News Channel.
    That said, I just think they work better in the summer than competing with dramas and comedies. It just shows a lack of real ideas coming out of the Networks.
    ------------------
    These chicks know how to party! - MoJo JoJo

3. Carlos Mendoza

Carlos Mendoza Stunt Coordinator

My wife and I enjoyed it very much. I was surprised that the killer was the same one that they initially steered you toward.
    Overall, it was a good premise and an enjoyable TV show.

4. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I only watched the first two episodes and then watched Big Brother 2 instead. This show was neat, but there was too much going on and missing one episode would have ruined the whole thing. I like the idea, but they probably could have pulled it off better. Maybe they will get a second season of it and put it on at a different time.
    The reason I watched Big Brother 2 instead is because BB2 has more cursing and violence and controversy surrounding its "cast" and I love Jerry Springer type stuff, so it was perfect for me.

5. Steven K

Steven K Supporting Actor

I really got into this show... I watched every episode and taped the 2 hour final. I was really thinking that it was going to be Kovick for the final 2 episodes.
    At the beginning of the show, I suspected the chief of police but that ended after the first episode. Then I started suspecting Lambert. I have no idea how some of the players were suspecting Tibodeaux... you should know that it's never the crazy loony guy who did it... that's too obvious! ANd why wasn't Tibodeaux removed as a suspect the moment he was killed? THey kept him up on the list for another episode.
    All in all, it was very entertaining and I hope they do another one