What's new

Muppets endorsing Pizza Hut? Feels all wrong to me. (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Little kids look to the Muppets as role models. Why, those big hairy creatures are practically surrogate parents for many children and, even when somewhat crude, have set positive examples. Now they are hawking Pizza Hut in commercials. Anyone else feel this is a HUGE BETRAYAL? This isn't the same as Fred Flintstone promoting vitamins. I am quite sure Jim Henson would have abslutely forbade this use of his creations.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Little kids look to the Muppets as role models. Why, those big hairy creatures are practically surrogate parents for many children and, even when somewhat crude, have set positive examples. Now they are hawking Pizza Hut in commercials. Anyone else feel this is a HUGE BETRAYAL? This isn't the same as Fred Flintstone promoting vitamins. I am quite sure Jim Henson would have abslutely forbade this use of his creations.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Several of the Muppets' very first appearances were commercials; as brilliant and wonderful a guy as Jim Henson was, he didn't exactly shy away from this sort of thing.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Several of the Muppets' very first appearances were commercials; as brilliant and wonderful a guy as Jim Henson was, he didn't exactly shy away from this sort of thing.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
If we talk about the Muppets as real people (animals and whatevers?), then Miss Piggy made a quip about the Denny's commercials to Entertainment Weekly a few years back. Something along the lines of "It's all Botox now". Cute joke...

As someone who met the Muppet master once and has read a lot about him in the years following his death, I know that he had the Muppets in commericals from the beginning. It's nothing new, and as long as it keeps the (now-owned-by-Disney) characters afloat, I see no harm in it.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Jim Henson was one of the nicest people I ever met.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
If we talk about the Muppets as real people (animals and whatevers?), then Miss Piggy made a quip about the Denny's commercials to Entertainment Weekly a few years back. Something along the lines of "It's all Botox now". Cute joke...

As someone who met the Muppet master once and has read a lot about him in the years following his death, I know that he had the Muppets in commericals from the beginning. It's nothing new, and as long as it keeps the (now-owned-by-Disney) characters afloat, I see no harm in it.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Jim Henson was one of the nicest people I ever met.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
When I first saw THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK, as an 8 year old, I was freaked out by the fact that Yoda spoke with GROVER's voice. :b

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
When I first saw THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK, as an 8 year old, I was freaked out by the fact that Yoda spoke with GROVER's voice. :b

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Now that they're part of the Disney house, I'd expect them to be whored in every way possible that might result in a couple bucks revenue. :frowning:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Now that they're part of the Disney house, I'd expect them to be whored in every way possible that might result in a couple bucks revenue. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks