What's new

Muppet Widescreen campaign to the Henson company (1 Viewer)

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
There is still hope for Muppet Christmas Carol.
Luke, don't give up that easy on Muppet Treasure Island! There's hope for that one too!!!
Contact Henson. All it would take is a *word* from Henson and both these titles would be released 16x9 OAR.
-dave :)

Real Name
DELETED ACCOUNT
I gladly signed both petition links. I think the first one didn't go through but the second went through just fine.

Disney has got to wake up.

Keep it up!

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
This campain is still going for those who haven't seen it.

Be sure and sign it, and call/email Disney. Keep the faith!

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
I was just watching an advance copy (final product) of Muppet Treasure Island last night. It's one of my favorites--a truly wonderful score (Hans Zimmer does Erich Korngold) and delightful songs. The menu, with hosts Rizzo and Gonzo, is hilarious. There's a great commentary by director Brian Henson with bits by Rizzo and Gonzo--and they break away from the movie occasionally to show "hidden treasures." (It's called the Hidden Treasure commentary.) There's a making-of feature. It boasts outstanding DD 5.1 sound. It truly is a nicely done DVD at a nice price (

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
It dissapoints me that Brian Henson took an active part in a P&S only DVD of the Muppets. I would love to have this film, but alas it's not available on DVD in my world. I'm quite angry at Disney over this decision.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Looks like it's time to send "A Muppet News Flash" to Brian Henson and Disney:)
Also, if you visit the muppet website, they have incredible Muppet busts(is hand cast in heavy weight polystone and meticulously hand painted to the highest standards) and action figures/playsets coming out.
I want these really bad
CHECK THIS BABY OUT!!
8001R_main.jpg

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Anyone reading this thread who hasn't already done his/her duty and contacted Disney and Henson Co should do so immediately. There's still a chance for a re-release of this properly framed 16x9 WS.
email for Henson:
[email protected]
[email protected]
Also, feel free to go to henson.com search for contact info, and email/call every contact you can find. I did.
disney info in signature.

Robyn Young

Stunt Coordinator
I just fired off some e-mails to the Henson folks. I've already called Disney a few times.

Is this doing any good?

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
I was just watching an advance copy (final product) of Muppet Treasure Island last night.
I agree with your comments on the disc. It's a great presentation...except for the pan & scan. The video quality is rather lacking too. The menus were well done and the extras were quality. But the main feature gets treated like dirt. Though I don't think it's the best Muppets film, I definitely liked the movie, and it certainly deserves better. Disney is wrong to think that adults aren't fans of Muppets, as to me, the Muppets pretty much define "universal appeal". Columbia/TriStar's relatively barebones discs with both versions are favorable to Disney's P&S disc with extras.

The assumption that Henson does not care is not true, but I think it's fair to say the people in marketing decisions do not care.

Robyn Young

Stunt Coordinator
Let me rephrase my question--I guess my question was whether or not anyone had actually heard anything regarding whether our comments are having any kind of affect on powers to be. I got a nice, polite reply from the muppet guys, but all that said was that they are forwarding my comments to Disney.

Just looking for an update.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Let me rephrase my question--I guess my question was whether or not anyone had actually heard anything regarding whether our comments are having any kind of affect on powers to be. I got a nice, polite reply from the muppet guys, but all that said was that they are forwarding my comments to Disney.
They've had an effect, certainly. I know this without a doubt.
But the end result is not what we want as Muppet Treasure Island comes out Tuesday P&S-only and Muppet Christmas Carol on October 8 the same way with no plans for re-releasing them in widescreen. So while our complaints were heard by the Henson company and even looked like they could make a difference, we're ultimately still going to have these two Disney titles not in widescreen on DVD.
They could get SE treatment in the future with widescreen, but these discs aren't exactly barebones to begin with, and Disney hasn't been very good about re-releasing P&S titles in widescreen.
Disney's marketing team is the source of these boneheaded decisions and they're the people that ultimately have to change their minds to do whatever, not people at Henson.
:thumbsdown: :angry:

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
The reason we've been calling Henson is so *they* will try to put pressure on Disney. Brian Henson making a personal call to the marketing guys at Disney requesting a widescreen presentation is a definite plus added in with the many phone calls and emails that Disney has received directly from the fans.

Keep up the calls...to both parties. Try to get Henson Company to put more pressure on Disney on your behalf since Disney apparently isn't responding to the consumer feedback about this title.

-dave

Chris M

Second Unit
[vent] And one wonders why there are ZERO reviews up for this title... even with retailers receiving copies today.

I SO wanted this title too. GRR, I AM very ANGRY.

I can't buy a title I really want because of some stupid marketing GENIUS at Disney. They were doing so well too!

And yes, I did call disney and email them and the henson's.

[/vent]

Chris.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks