What's new

Muppet Widescreen campaign to the Henson company (1 Viewer)

Marty Christion

Stunt Coordinator
For those who care about seeing Disney releases of the Muppet films (Treasure Island and Christmas Carol) in a widescreen format, I suggest we take it to the source.

The Jim Henson Company

1416 North La Brea

Hollywood, Ca 90028

323.802.1500 (V)

-see David's post for the emails-

I wonder if Brian Henson knows that Muppet Treasure Island will be Pan&Scan, and that there is a huge demand from Muppet fans for a widescreen release.

And remember to keep it polite! This isn't a huge company with a "buffer" to soften the blow.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I have a VERY direct contact, and I have already made a call. Give it some time, but keep up the petitions and letters!

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
There is still hope for Muppet Christmas Carol. Being my all-time favorite Muppet movie, I'll be so upset if Disney gives it the P*S treatment! :frowning:
Would have considered getting MTI to go along with my other 4 Muppet movies as well, but P&S = no purchase. :thumbsdown: :angry:

Cynthia

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the contact info.

Being a huge Henson fan, I'll also let them know that I was heartbroken when Follow That Bird was released MARred and with a pretty bad transfer to boot.

Sarah S

Second Unit
Well, I guess I'll chime in. i sent my e-mail. Here's to hoping they still have some pull over Jim Henson's creations.

Chris M

Second Unit
I sent my email as well, I sure hope they can do something to convince Disney otherwise... I was really wanting these 2 movies!

Chris.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Good call on including Follow That Bird in the complaint!

I will find the time today or tommorrow to call, e-mail, and snail mail about all 3 movies (FTB, MTI, & MCC).

Bingo

Stunt Coordinator
Just emailed them as well.....

I'd hate to think that after buying all four previous Muppet films, that I would be unable to complete my collection due to a lack of OAR releases.

NO OAR = No SALE!

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Don't just sent letters to this fanmail email!!! Send them to the people who REALLY make decisions (contact info provided here)
[email protected] (Brian Henson's email address)
Other Muppet Contact info:
Michael R. Polis
The Jim Henson Company
Senior Vice President of Marketing Worldwide
1416 N. La Brea Avenue
Hollywood, CA 90028
323-802-1500
[email protected]
Debbie McClellan
The Jim Henson Company
Vice President of Corporate Communications & Publicity Worldwide
1416 N. La Brea Avenue
Hollywood, CA 90028
323-802-1500
[email protected]
Betts Fitzgerald
The Jim Henson Company
Sr. Vice President, Licensing
117 East 69th Street
New York, NY 10021
212-794-2400
[email protected]
Be sure and send email to all three of these contacts, as well as call them. And please feel free to email Brian Henson himself :)
I sent this email:
I have a VERY direct contact, and I have already made a call. Give it some time, but keep up the petitions and letters!
Issue #2,
Jeff, can you PLEASE let your contact know that we want our Fraggle Rock DVD issued as a complete SERIES in order of episode release and not "best of" compilation? Please Please let them know this is the wish of every Muppet fan. Karen Prell (Red Fraggle), Rober Mills (Junior Gorg) and Terry Angus (Storyteller Fraggle) are all trying to influence Henson to do just that. With a little more input from "us consumers" Henson just might listen.
-dave

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
...Jeff...it just gives me *goosebumps* to hear you say that ;)
I swear by the solemn oath of the Fraggles!

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Just found this petition for Muppet Treasure Island to be release 16x9 WS. Once you've called Disney, emailed Disney, called Henson Co., and emailed Henson Co., now you can do one MORE thing :)
http://www.petitiononline.com/muppetws/petition.html
So what are you waiting for?
BTW, for those of you who haven't seen it, check out this GREAT article on Muppet Central.com:
http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/me...2/042402.shtml
Really a super call to arms. Their advice about how to pitch your agenda to Disney is right on the money!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
There seems to be a glitch in that petition page. It acts like I was the first signee, showing no previous signatures and saying I was signee #1 when I previewed my sig. After approving the sig, it showed me as signee #119...but still would not let me view previous signatures.

I'm not sure "invisible" signatures will be very effective for getting the point across. Can this be fixed? Is David Bennet an HTF member and can read this, or should I send his hotmail account a note?

For the record, here are my comments:

We own every Muppet film released so far on DVD...in widescreen! My 4-year-old son enjoys them...in widescreen! I will only buy Muppet Treasure Island and Muppet Christmas Carol if they are in anamorphic widescreen, too. Disney, please deliver these and ALL films in their theatrical Original Aspect Ratio (OAR). Don't let me go around singing: "When you wish upon a star, you do not get O-A-R". NO OAR = NO SALE!

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
When I looked earlier this afternoon that petition was up to something like 1175 signatures. Now it's blank. Something is hosed up on it.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Yeppers, it's fixed. I looked through all sigs and did not see mine, so I could only assume it failed to post due to whatever the glitch was.

So I reposted. #1354. I'll get my wife and friends to sign, too!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks