What's new

Muppet Show Update! (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Apparently they are out of stock on volume 8, but they are expecting more on Monday for those who have ordered all 10. No box unfortunately
frown.gif
frown.gif
which means I should have mine on Wednesday :) VHS was hot in sales, DVD is positively nuclear. Rep guesses that they only did the 1st 10 because they are going to do another 5 volumes so both VHS and DVD will be up to 20. IF sales continue beyond that, they'll do even more
Anyone who ordered singles get them yet?
Jeff Kleist

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Again I can not resist. Shame they're exclusive to their website, I'll have to have it shipped to a friend in the US.
Dan (UK)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Time Life and Columbia House are 2 of the only ways you could get TV on video for decades in the US Dan, especially Columbia House.
I don't know if they'll accept a foreign billing address, I know other companies with US only licenses have not been able to, so you might need to send your friend a PayPal or something
Jeff Kleist

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Jeff,
Shipping wise I am thinking it is going to be cheaper to have a friend in the US order me the set (you listenin' Steve Simon?
biggrin.gif
), let me send em the money then have the set sent to me. That'd be good....NEED MUPPETS!
Dan (UK)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Just so everyone knows, I placed the order immediately upon seeing this thread. My confirmation e-mail informs me that the 10-DVD box set is out of stock and backordered. It didn't give an ETA.
Oh well...at least I'm in the que!
DAVE

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Well, they won't ship to a non-US addy, that's what I was suggesting, send a friend a check, and have them mail it to you.
The 10 disc set shows as backordered because they're out of v.8. They're expecting 1000 copies tomorrow
wink.gif
I should be basking in the goodness on Wednesday!!!!!!!!

Neil N

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know if anyone's posted this before, but if you sign up for the "Sound Saver's" program for $10 you get 10% off all purchases w/Time-Life. Ends up saving you $17.50 (or $7.50 after the cost of the program) on the complete Muppet set. This may be the type of thing that automatically renews every year, so you may want to watch out for that if you do it, and cancel when appropriate.
It's not 40% off, but $7.50 is better than nothing.
Anyway, I ordered mine on 7/27 and anxiously await delivery.
-Neil

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Has anyone received their order for this? How are the discs? Are they complete? Good quality?
Somebody give us a review.
------------------
-Rodney
No MAR'ed Films, I want my OAR!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I *still* haven't got it yet, dabnabbit!
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
alli2icon.gif
"When you grow up, your heart dies."

Tim Gerdes

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim Gerdes
I ordered the entire 10 disc set on July 27. Yesterday I received a card in the mail from Time-Life stating that my discs were backordered but they expected them to be in stock by August 13, this coming Monday.

Yesterday, I also received the cards in the mail stating they were out of stock. However, I also received an e-mail yesterday saying that Vols. 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 have shipped! The still leaves the next 5 volumes, but at least the first half is on their way!
Looks like they have replenished some of their stock.-biggrin-

James_A

Stunt Coordinator
In the spirit of saving people some money, DVD Talk has another coupon for anouther 20% off of the $174... to bring it to $140! That works out to $14.40 per DVD of Muppet goodness. I do want to know if anyone got theirs yet?
Wow.... gotta love Time Life for these... I was gonna eventually break down and get the VHS, but DVD is for me! (that sounds more like it should be on Sesame St though).
HEHEHEHE....
Jim
------------------
[email protected]
Want to hold up a bank in Latin?
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam."
(I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
We still haven't got ours. No change in status at the Time-Life web site.
And...despite having ordered on 8/4, we just on Friday got a postcard in the mail from them confirming that they have our order as of the 13th(!) and that it is backordered (the nature of the postcard was "if you still want the order, throw out this card and do nothing, but if you want to cancel then return this card to us and we'll know you decided not to wait").
So here I am, waiting for the Muppets. Making a huge exception to my "no best-of TV Shows" rule, and I can't even get the stuff on a timely basis.
Sigh. Do we all realize that this is the same conglomerate that owns WB?
smiley_jawdrop.gif

------------------
DAVE/Memphis
My 3-year-old enjoying Superman - The Movie in widescreen:
Steve_Widescreen.jpg

(Some of my DVD's are to the left side of the picture)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Thanks for the coupon info, James. That pushed me off the fence. I'm now settling in for what looks like a long wait.
frown.gif

Has anybody actually received any of these??
------------------
Too many DVDs, too little time...
AFI 100 Challenge - 36 to go!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I have volumes 1-7, why? Because I was 8th in line, and nagged them :) Basically they horribly under-estimated demand, and are pressing more as fast as they can.
The quality is probably the best possible, and looks like I remember it looking on television. You're going to see analog artifacts (banding and such) big time in this show, and it's pretty soft looking. These are all master issues, and not the fault of Time-Life. The discs are totally watchable and very very enjoyable
The Extras are WEAK however. Basically 1 movie spoof short, and 1 "Muppetism" (some of which you already have on the movie discs) they did for the Odyssey channel, and 1 character design sketch per disc. Brian Henson's intros are informative, but there's a wealth of material you only see little clips of in those that are crying out for a full hour documentary.
Jeff Kleist

Tim Gerdes

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim Gerdes
Jeff -
What is the packaging like on these titles. I had read at another site that the discs came in small cardboard sleeves, not much bigger than the discs themselves (more like CD packaging I guess).
Is this correct?
My discs still haven't shipped yet
angry.gif
but the Time Life website no longer lists these discs as backordered.
Hopefully I'll get mine sometime this week.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
They come in standard Alpha Keepcases. I'm guessing they're talking about the shipping packaging which has little more than the packing slip and an AOL disc for padding, that is, unless they send 3 or more discs, then you get a nice shipping box. I nagged them so they gave me free overnight shipping :) :)
Funny thing is, someone was in such a hurry adapting the box art for DVD, that they forgot to remove a certain element
1979/Color/85 minutes/VHS
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks