What's new

Muppet Movies discontinued?? (1 Viewer)

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit
I love the fullscreen version of Muppets Take Manhattan. It's cropped so badly you can see Jim Henson's forearm under Kermit!
:eek:

I'd probably buy a cleaner edition of TMM but what I really want is seasons sets of The Muppet Show. Those Time Life dvds just don't cut it.

Michael Sliger

Second Unit

Actually, I see the opposite on my copy (free from a cereal box, I don't buy MARred movies). The headspace in some outdoor scenes is enormous as the action in the (seemingly) Super35 frame was kept at the bottom to hide the puppeteers. Take a look at the Gregory Hines scene in the park with Piggy and Kermit for an example.

Bruce*A

Grip
I'm glad I bought these when they first came out! I'd hate to miss out on all the Muppet madness for all this time. The discs are pretty lackluster though.

I'm hoing that Disney will give these movies the respect and attention that they deserve. Especially The Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island.

Vincent-P

Second Unit
Well, over the past few days I was able to track down the last remaining copies in Austin that weren't incredibly expensive, so I'm happy now.

However I do keep hoping for anamorphic widescreen Christmas Carol and Treasure Islands.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
"I can't recall ever seeing anything like that occur with any title that changed distributors. Even all of the PBS titles were repackaged with Paramount artwork after it took over for Warner."

Many classic Disney titles pre-1954 still feature the original RKO title cards on DVD, and many DVDs for the films that came out in 1954 and after carry the original Buena Vista title cards (not the Walt Disney Pictures banner). Robert Harris in particular was pleased that 1951's Alice in Wonderland featured the original RKO card.

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
You misunderstood what I wrote, Ernest. I'm not talking about the presentation of the film, such as an MGM logo before the film appearing on a Warner DVD. These DVDs are literally the old Columbia TriStar DVDs--packaging, logos, catalog number, everything. Buena Vista has simply slapped a sticker with a new UPC on the keepcase.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks