What's new

muppet babies is now on DVD at Target (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Well, we sorta get Muppet Babies on DVD right now at your local Target.

HERE IS A PIC OF GONZO'S
http://mhohnstein.tripod.com/muppets/mbdvd.htm

Located in the toy isle, where the stuffed animals are at.

there are new stuffed muppet babies, they each come with a complete episode.

Each character features a different episode, as follows:

Gonzo: Baby Gonzo's video show
Kermit: Daily Muppet
Miss Piggy: Hyperactivity Book
Fozzie: eight take away one equals panic

Gonzo's episode has the parody of Star Wars(return of the Jedi, I think)

it's not much, and only one episode, but if you collect muppets, you get a free episode.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Holy cow -- has anyone purchased these that can verify whether or not the episodes are complete with the film clips and everything?

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I can verify. I purchased the Baby Gonzo specifically because it had the DVD with the Star Wars episode and yes, it has the films clips and all.

It's funny watching "Muppet Babies" now that I'm older. The animation is so not up to par with today's standards but man it brought back a flood of memories!

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
That is excellent, David. I really loved that show. Could actual stand-alone Muppet Babies DVDs be far behind or am I just a dreamer?

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric H. Emma
With the Muppets being bought by Disney, maybe we might be seeing more muppet releases depending on the deal(If they get existing properties or not)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Well, essentually Disney bought the original Muppets and that's it, stuff like Fraggle Rock weren't included, and neither was Sesame Street, but the thing is that I would bet that there are some distribution deals in place that will have to expire before Disney can really start to exploit the franchise.

ChrisRose

Stunt Coordinator
Great, more exclusive DVDs that aren't available in Canada.

I couldn't send away for the free Jake 2.0 DVD... couldn't find the Donna Reed Show cereal-box DVDs anywhere... and there's no Target here, so no Muppet Babies for me!

Sucks to be a Canuck.

Please excuse my bitter venting...

Here's hoping for a general release someday. I have little faith in Disney/Eisner though, to do right by the Muppets. I expect more All New! straight-to-DVD releases, than anything else.

John_bri

Grip
Man, that takes me wayyyyy back! I used to watched MB religously when I was 5 up to 9. I am not getting the disc though but its nice to have those shows on DVD for future generations.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Hmmm. I wonder if my little niece would like the stuffed animals ... along with the DVD, of course. ;)

JohnS, out of curiosity, what company is listed on the DVD as having produced it?

ChrisRose

Stunt Coordinator

Well, future generation of US citizens who were Target shoppers anyway.

Hey Disney...begging for a wider release here!

david_slater

Stunt Coordinator
lets face it, Disney is real bad about releaseing there Series shows. ill more then likey be dead before ill see any of the shows i want. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks