What's new

Munich (2-Disc Collector's Edition) Out of Print? (1 Viewer)

Almir

Auditioning
Is it possible that Munich (2-Disc Collector's Edition) is out of print? Do you guys have any information if it is coming in stores again?

James Ryfun

Stunt Coordinator
Odd thing is, it went OOP before it ever reached any of my local stores. I was there on tuesday to pick it up, but it never showed - just the single disc. And I tried several stores.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
This disc's situation is really strange. They must not have manufactured very many of them, because it's been incredibly hard to find!

Can't believe it's already gone OOP, unless they've recalled it for some reason.

Sten F

Second Unit
It went OOP very quickly. Then Universal made a new batch to supply the demand, and now it´s OOP, again. Strange to make so few when it´s clear that there is still a demand. However, for a 2-disc I find this way overpriced in terms what one are getting.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I was lucky enough to have ordered mine online and received it without a problem...

...But this is getting damn annoying. You'd think, by now, that the "demand" for two disc releases (especially a movie by Sir Steven) would have been forecast. I guarantee it's all a marketing plot to get us all in a tizzy and to drive the sales of the 2 disc set.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
If that was the case, wouldn't they have alot more copies available initially? What's the point of creating demand when you don't have that many copies available to begin with? They'd promote the limited number and limited availability if they really wanted to do that.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
I was just in a store called MovieStop in Orlando, FL and saw about 10 on the self right next to the single disc version.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
i'm down in Killeen, TX an there are plenty copies to go around at quite a few stores.

Chad E

Stunt Coordinator
It was apparently never available at all in Canada. So, because I couldn't get the 2-disc copy I wanted up here, I just didn't buy the movie at all. By not releasing the version I wanted in my country, Universal got $0 from me on that movie, when I had originally been planning to buy it.

Not exactly sure how that strategy benefits Universal, but it ended up saving me some $$$...

James Ryfun

Stunt Coordinator
The same for me. Because the 2 disc was not made available, I bought nothing at all.

The whole situation is pretty ridiculous if you ask me. You can have collector's editions or limited editions or whatever, but at least make them somewhat available for everyone in the beginning.

Johnny Jr.

Stunt Coordinator
I also didn't purchase the film as the 2-disc wasn't made available to canadians. I find the whole situation a bit of a nightmare.

Nick Laslett

Stunt Coordinator
They haven't released the 2 disc in the UK either.

We get a DVD-9 with one of the extras.

Hopefully we will get the 2 disc release eventually.

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
I'm not sure I ever saw the 2-disc edition in stores. If they must put the CE out of print, they should do that after about a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks