What's new

Mummy Returns - Hilarious Moment (1 Viewer)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Last night, I watched Mummy Returns with my roommate for the first time since seeing at the show. It's a totally cool movie, nothing really that corny until.....
(I'll put up the spoiler tags since it occurs near the end)
Spoiler:Rick stabs the scorpion king over the pit of the underworld and the Mummy runs up to them, stops and just screams "noooooooooooooooooooo"
It's so out of place and funny. You owe it to yourself to check it out!
laugh.gif

------------------
Chuck
Chuckster's HT Site
The At-Home Home Theater (E.L.)
The Dorm Room Theater (E.L.)

rich_d

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich
Spoiler - Spoiler - Spoiler
I don't know what you mean. Supposedly, Imhotep would control the Scorpian King's army if he were to personally kill The Scorpian King. So when he sees that the hero kills the Scorpian King and thus not getting the army he screams "noooo". Plausable, no but this is a horror movie with people being brought back from the dead - so if you can buy into that ... you might as well go for the whole burito.
What do I think was a goof?
In the pivotal scene where Ardeth Bay leads the "protectors of the desert" (and Imhotep from rising from the grave) against The Scorpian King's army all Protectors (hundreds) are on horseback. Then during the battle somehow the vast majority end up on foot (some mounted horseman are shown in the background) as they face the next wave of the Scorpian's army. The problem is that no horses are shown to stay down (during the first battle scene) while men are shown down - leaving the continuity problem of what happen to them. Even if you buy the premise that horseman that fell or jumped from their horses continued to live - you need then to buy into that they did not remount and that hundreds of horses did not die but merely trotted off into the desert.
Rich

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
hey man, I don't think it's a goof, I just think it's hilarious. Watch it again...the guy runs up outta nowhere, stops two feet from them, and just screams. My roommate and I were on the floor laughing. I TOTALLY understand that Imhotep was beyond disappointment, it's just the way that director Stephen Sommers had him deliver his line that jerked a tear from me eye! If you take this movie too too too seriously, then there's no humor in it. If you are having a fun time with a cool movie with great performances by all, then maybe you'd laugh.
------------------
Chuck
Chuckster's HT Site
The At-Home Home Theater (E.L.)
The Dorm Room Theater (E.L.)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Actually, the part that had me rolling was when the pigmie mummys were fighting over the stick of dynamite, and started to run across that log bridge, and BOOM!!
I was hurting after that!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
To the men and women of the N.Y. police and fire department
God bless you.
To the victims and their families
God keep you.
To the dirtbags who caused all this
God help you!!!

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
Actually, I liked the part towards the end...
Spoiler:At the end, when they're flying off in the balloon, Johnathan leans out to grab the diamond studded ornament on the top of the gold pyramid. Rick is trying to pull him up, saying to Johnathan, "It's not worth your life!"
His response, "Yes it is!"

------------------
"This is not a drill. This is the apocolypse!"
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks