What's new

Multizone Audio (1 Viewer)

Josh W

Agent
I want to install speakers in another part of my house. What is a semi cheap way to setup a multizone audio system. I'm looking to spend $500-$1000 not including speakers. I'm just not sure the best way to go about setting something like this up. Any ideas and suggestions are appreciated.

John_Stra

Grip
Josh,

It kind of depends on your house and what you are trying to achieve. I would go for in ceiling speakers, in wall volume controls run to a speaker selector that is fed by your sound source. You can check out:

There are many products that might fit your need at good prices. For whole house audio, background music why pay premium price.

The tricky part might be how you are going to run the speaker wire, it becomes difficult in a two story etc ..

As for the multi-zone what do you want to accomplish?

Thanks,

-John

Jon Bell

Stunt Coordinator
Would you be able to accomplish this with an ipod and an fm adapter? I seem to remember seeing a thread about this in the after hours forum here, or maybe in

www.ipodlounge.com

It seems to me that you could use the ipod with an fm adapter, then have a tuner and speakers in each room.

Since I don't know the range of the ipod fm adapters, I have no idea if this would work, or if it would work well. It might solve the problem about running speaker wires in a two-story house. You could have one tuner on the first floor and one on the second floor, and run your wires through the attic and basement.

This system:

www.sonos.com

is what gave me the idea. It seems to me that you could do it a lot cheaper, though. Feel free to tell me that this couldn't work-- like I said, I have no experience with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks