multiple tv's connected to one central system

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by dclarke963, Oct 3, 2006.

1. dclarke963

dclarke963 Auditioning

how's it going everyone?

i was wondering if anyone knows about some hardware that would be able to run multiple televisions throughout my house

i have 8 televisions and 2 of them are over 50 inches, and most are high def. what i would like to do is be able to wire them all to one machine that i could also run a dvd player, xbox 360 and a cable box to, that way i would be able to use them anywhere in the house, instead of having to buy one for each television.

if anyone has anything that may be able to help, such as a good website or even a specific piece of hardware, i would greatly appreciate it

2. homthtr

homthtr Supporting Actor

You would need something simular to the Russound CAV 6.6 or Equivelent.

It's a pretty advanced project and not for the beginner. I would consult a professional Audio-Video installation company.
    Russound Products can be seen at...
    http://russound.com/rnet.htmLook under the controler section on the right CAV 6.6

Each head unit will power 6 zones. If you are doing 8 locations you would need 2 controlers. This is not for the novice DIY'er. Additional wiring was also needed for distribution of the HD Signals as the controlers are Composite Video only.

Here's a pic of one I just finished. 3 CAV 6.6, 2 HD Satellite Receivers, DVD Players, Am/FM/XM tuners, all sources are available at all locations anywhere in the house using Keypads and Remotes. Also includes the new Compoint Whole house Paging system and Door Interfaces.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]