What's new

Multiple Subwoofers Off One Output (1 Viewer)

Jim Rondeau

Stunt Coordinator
Hi All,

Is there any problem with running three subwoofers off of one output? I just moved from a Yamaha DSP-A1 to a Denon 3802. They DSP-A1 had two subwoofer outs. I am using DefTech BP2000s as my mains and had their subwoofers T-d off of one output. I use a DefTech BP12 sub near my listening area for more omph(?) as my floor is concrete and was running that off the second sub output. Now I need to run all three off the one output on the Denon (I'll have to add a second T). Does the signal get degraded at all doing this? Since the subs are all amplifying the signal I assume it's not a big deal, but I just wanted to see if there was any issues with this setup. Thanks.

Jim

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
It’s fine, Jim. The worse that happens is signal loss (i.e., reduced level), but the subs’ gain controls can make up for that. That’s what they’re there for.

By the way, welcome to the Forum!

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
You will lose around 10dB by splitting the signal 3 ways. Technically it will work fine. Use well shielded cables. How do you plan on placing the 3 subs?

Jim Rondeau

Stunt Coordinator
Wayne and Neil,

Thanks for the responses. Two of the three subs are in my main front speakers - DefTech BP2000s. The third sub is about 4 feet to the right and a foot behind the main seating area (a total of 12 feet from the right front speaker). As my floor is concrete I use the third sub to add some impact to the seating area becuase you don't feel much without it. Thanks.

Jim

Rick Guynn

Second Unit
Depending on how sensitive the 'auto-on' circuits are on your subs, you may have to boost the sub-out level coming from the receiver when listening at lower levels.

RG

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks