Multiple subwoofers? How to and is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by StevenB, Mar 30, 2002.

1. StevenB

StevenB Agent

Hello,

I have a Pioneer VSX-810S receiver. The sub I am currently using is a Boston Acoustics PV-600. I am considering something from the SVS series. If I decide to go that route, is it worth having 2 subs going? If so, can anyone tell me how I would connect 2 subs to this receiver? Would I be better off just auctioning off the BA sub and go with one SVS? Any useful advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Steve

2. Martice

Martice Screenwriter

3. StevenB

StevenB Agent

Ok, well being a newbie, let me pose this question. If in the future I decide to remove the lesser end sub (Boston PV-600) and roll with 2 SVS or 2 subs of the same high quality, wont splitting the signal with a Y cable in essence only give half the response to each sub. IE, wont half the 'juice' go to one, and the other half to the other sub? Sorry for my lack of terminology, still learning here. Thanks for the responses folks, I appreciate....

Steve

4. brucek

brucek Second Unit

Steve,

5. StevenB

StevenB Agent

Thanks brucek, I sincerely appreciate your time in answering my questions. I am learning so much every day!!

Steve

6. Hugh Scrivener

Hugh Scrivener Stunt Coordinator

I asked in an different post if the 5.1 outs of my amp could be used to have a dedicated sub to each channel, I didn't quite understand the response. Any ideas?

7. John Geelan

John Geelan Screenwriter

I use 2 subs and it give an almost stereo quality to the bass in movies. Right now I have a Velo CT120 and a SVS 25-31+ so i'm getting plenty of output in the bass dept.
    The Matrix sounded wonderful yesterday, first time I have watched this movie with the SVS in the system.
    It just kicks ass!
    JohnG[​IMG]