What's new

Multiple subwoofers? How to and is it worth it? (1 Viewer)

John Tompkins

Supporting Actor
Steve,

I would think all this advice would go out the window if you are going to use the bass enhance feature of the lex mc-1. It applies some sort of phase and time shift to give stereo bass using 3 subs, 2 side loaded and one for lfe corner loaded. I wonder if anybody here has any opinions of the lexs bass enhance with multiple subs ? I think Tom V. actually uses subs in different corners because he has the lex, but I could be wrong.

Steve Morgan

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
John,I do not have room to put a third sub and am pushing the limits with the SO as to all these speakers. I probably will not be able to use BE.I would love to give it a try. Right now my bass is the best its ever been.The MC-1 has added another dimension to my system.Bass is more present and accurate with every source.I had my bass eq'd with the BFd when I had the Ref 30 but it did not sound like this.The only thing I changed is the pre/pro so it has to be the MC-1.With out the possibility of BE I still say corner loading worked best in my situation.BTW John still waiting on V4.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks