What's new

multiple Subs? (1 Viewer)

PeterK

Supporting Actor
I have two speakers that I want to to hook up to the rest of my system.( which is a HT 700 panasonic home theatre in a box system) Each of these speakers has a 7 inch sub. I know thats not much of a sub for some of you guys but i find it just dandy. I want to hook up these speakers the only thing is that sub is where all the speakers wire come from. ( there is one cable going from the receiver to the sub which is about an inch wide at the connectors and has two rows of pins inside)Hopefully someone know what kind of cable that is. The receiver nor the Sub has a Sub out so i need to know how i can split the signal? Is there some sort of splitter that separates the cabel described above or if not I would need to get into the bass to run a wire to the other speakers (Not my first choice)

Thanks fo the advice

Peter

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Peter,

I'm afraid your post doesn't make much sense to me. Do you know the brand and model of the speakers? Or maybe a website?

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

PeterK

Supporting Actor
you can check out the system at futureshop.ca and searching for the HT 700. I can't link because I have not made 15 posts yet. The speakers are the panasonic ones that came with the sytem. There is a model # of SB-FS803A on the surround speakers, SB-PC703 on the centre channel speaker and SB-WA340 on the sub if those numbers mean anything to you. The thing is that there is no way to get the sub out so I don't know how I will be able to hook up more than one speaker. I don't even see a way I can open the sub up. I think it's all glued together because there are no screws.

PeterK

Supporting Actor
Well, I have tinkered for over an hour to discover that there is no way to get into that darn sub. So unless I can get some sort of splitter for that connector cable it looks like I'm out of luck!
Thanks

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Peter,

I think I figured out what is going on. One of the main problems with HTIB systems like this is that they use proprietary connectors for the speakers and therefore are not readilly compatable with other speakers.

It will be very difficult to hook up your extra speakers with this system. No one makes splitters for regular speaker connections, so don't expect to find one for this system either. About the only way you'll be able to pull it off is to cut the speaker wire and splice in the other set. However, it's probably not a good idea anyway; connecting two extra speakers to the sub amp will certainly overdrive the amplifier and either send it into "protect" mode or burn it out altogether.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

PeterK

Supporting Actor
Ok. It's not really a big deal. I realized if I did go to all the trouble to split the cable then there would be the full signal sent to these speakers which wouldn't work because then you would here centre channel and surround channel sounds coming from the front left and right. I just wanted to take advantage of the 2 seven inch speakers to get more base but it's not biggy that I can't.

Thanks anyway guys :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks