What's new

multiple sources @ 1 time? (1 Viewer)

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
I love playing videogames. I love music during my videogames. I'm glad that I got an Xbox, as it can use it's built in HDD to store music and play it during games. The only problem is, this feature isn't available for all games... I would love to have music while I beat my buddies at Halo, so I have been toying with an idea for a while. I have my Xbox connected to my Panasonic SAHE100 reciever, but it cannot play two sources simultaneously. I would love to have music played from my Philips 5-disc carousel. I have an old Sharp Optonica SM-1515 reciever, that I could hook up to my Philips, and play music while playing Halo...

I think this sounds like a good idea... or would there be an alternative?

Also, how good was/is the Sharp Optonica SM-1515. I don't know much about it, as it's my fathers. It is a three piece set with reciever, cassette deck and tuner. Any input would be appreciated.

Mark

Justin Ward

Supporting Actor
Once I came up with what I thought was a brilliant idea. Hook the Left output of your cd player to the left input of any device, hook the right output of the game console to the right input of the previously selected device. This method is flawed though. Usually the game has a louder output than the CD player, you will miss out on stereo effects plus it won't work with digital sources.

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
Mark,

The only problem would be that you would have to switch the speaker connections between the Panasonic & Sharp everytime you played. Unless you would use the Sharp all the time for movies and TV.

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
oh, that wouldn't be a problem, I a more than a couple sets of speakers. So I would use the Panasonic for movies, tv, and games. The older Sharp would just be used for music. There wouldn't be any connection switching every time I used it. The sharp is just an old stereo reciever, which is basically all I need for music, as my disc changer doesn't have digital out anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks