What's new

Multiple Room System (1 Viewer)

JonT

Auditioning
Real Name
Jon
I have a new 5.1HT sony system. I noticed there is only 1 set of speaker outputs. I would like to set up speakers throught the house and out side, this the ability to turn off the one not in use.

Do i need a new reciever to do this or is there some "magic box" that can help accomplish this?

As a side note, what if i wanted different"outputs" per location?

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Does the Sony have RCA pre-out jacks for the front L/R channels? If so you can hook them up to a separate amplifier. That would be the best way to do this if you want speakers “throughout the house.” You can get speaker selectors from Radio Shack that accommodate up to four pairs of speakers, and up to 12 pairs from Niles Audio.

This will only get you wired with selection options. Independent control at each location (volume, etc.) - that’s a whole ‘nother thing.

Not sure what you mean by "different outputs per location," but if you mean more than one set of speakers at a location, it's just the same as any other room: Just run the wires.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks