1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Multiple Optical Inputs into One Input on Integra DTR5???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael Were, Oct 23, 2001.

1. Michael Were

Michael Were Stunt Coordinator

Greetings all,
    I am a long time lurker and now a poster. I have always been able to figure things out by just reading the posts of others in the past but now I have a question that I canÕt find an answer for. Here is my quandary:
    I am trying to hook up two different devices (Panasonic RV30 and my new DishPVR 501) to my Integra DTR-5 via the one optical input on the receiver (why canÕt I ever just buy a coaxial product???). Thanks to an archived post, I have gotten as far as to purchase both the Fiber Optic Signal Splitter (15-1585) and the Digital Optical Selector (15-1586) from Radio Shack. (I purchased them both in hopes that the 15-1585 would work, even though the guy at Radio Shack said it wouldnÕt, so I could just return the 15-1586 and be smug about it). Well it seems that the 15-1585 works (insert my smugness here___) however, the receiver seems to only allow me to program one device (either DVD or Video3 in this case) to occupy the Optical input at a time. So to have the DVD player use the Optical input I have to go up to the receiver and play with the digital/analog selector and vice versa. Is there anyway around this???
    Thank you all for your help in the past (even if I wasnÕt the intended target for help) and I hope one of you knows the solution to my present problem,
    -Michael
    I just reread this and I sound damn lazy, itÕs not really that though, itÕs that I want convenience for my wifeÉ.

2. Michael Were

Michael Were Stunt Coordinator

Anyone have any advice on this one??