Multiple Optical Inputs into One Input on Integra DTR5???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael Were, Oct 23, 2001.

1. Michael Were

Michael Were Stunt Coordinator

Greetings all,
    I am a long time lurker and now a poster. I have always been able to figure things out by just reading the posts of others in the past but now I have a question that I canÕt find an answer for. Here is my quandary:
    I am trying to hook up two different devices (Panasonic RV30 and my new DishPVR 501) to my Integra DTR-5 via the one optical input on the receiver (why canÕt I ever just buy a coaxial product???). Thanks to an archived post, I have gotten as far as to purchase both the Fiber Optic Signal Splitter (15-1585) and the Digital Optical Selector (15-1586) from Radio Shack. (I purchased them both in hopes that the 15-1585 would work, even though the guy at Radio Shack said it wouldnÕt, so I could just return the 15-1586 and be smug about it). Well it seems that the 15-1585 works (insert my smugness here___) however, the receiver seems to only allow me to program one device (either DVD or Video3 in this case) to occupy the Optical input at a time. So to have the DVD player use the Optical input I have to go up to the receiver and play with the digital/analog selector and vice versa. Is there anyway around this???
    Thank you all for your help in the past (even if I wasnÕt the intended target for help) and I hope one of you knows the solution to my present problem,
    -Michael
    I just reread this and I sound damn lazy, itÕs not really that though, itÕs that I want convenience for my wifeÉ.

2. Michael Were

Michael Were Stunt Coordinator

Anyone have any advice on this one??