Multiple Defective Shallow Hal DVD's

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert_eb, Jul 3, 2002.

1. Robert_eb

Robert_eb Supporting Actor

I had to take two of these dvd's back already due to it being defective and haven't watched the third to see if this one is defective. This is the first time this has ever happened to me after 300 dvd purchases. Has anyone else had a problem with thiers?

2. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

What is the "defect"?

3. Robert_eb

Robert_eb Supporting Actor

It pixelates and then freezes. It does this with both of my dvd players.

4. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    No problem with the copy that I rented last night.

5. BobH

BobH Stunt Coordinator

Yep, first rental copy would not register in my DVD player and was listed as "not a valid disc". Second copy was ok.

6. Mark McLeod

Mark McLeod Second Unit

I had this problem on my Panasonic A320. The first time I stuck the disc in it wouldn't read it. However I ejected the drive and tried again and it's been fine ever since.

Weird.

Mark

7. Russ Felton

Russ Felton Stunt Coordinator

I had a freeze up in chapter 21 on Shallow Hal. I took it back and the second one did the same thing in chapeter 21 but not in the exact same spot. I have a Pioneer DV-333. I haven't had any problems with any of the other 360+ DVd's I own, so I am a little peeved about it. I am just gonna take it back and try and exchange it for a different title. Maybe I'll buy it from some other store and see if it's better.

8. Garry I

Garry I Stunt Coordinator

I have had similar problems with a few FOX DVD's. My player is similar to yours. It's a Pioneer dv-k301c. I don't know if they haven't been following specifications or if the player is a few years old. I recently have had pixelating problems with Let's make love(from the Marylin Monroe diamond collection vol 2), My cousin vinny, White men can't jump and Kiss of the dragon. The thing is they all work on my Acer DVD-ROM.

9. Daryl L

Daryl L Supporting Actor

I had this problem near the end of my Evil Dead: Book of the Dead dvd. Just looking at the dvd it looks clean but I cleaned it twice with my old cd cleaner kit anyway. Works fine now. During manufacturing it's possible the disk surface could get something on it.