What's new

Multiple amps.What to plug them into? (1 Viewer)

Wayne McRae

Stunt Coordinator
In the last month I've slowly begun the transition into seperates.Right now I have a 5 channel Adcom running from my Denon receiver while I wait for the Outlaw 950.I'm already set up with a 7.1 speaker system so I will be looking for a good 2 channel for my mains.I also have a old 2 channel Yamaha,with 1 channel driving my SVS.So what the heck do I plug all of this into? I have the Yammy and the Adcom into a power bar that seems to work for now,but with 1 more amp on the way I'm not into pushing my luck.Any input from the seperates experts would be a big help.Thanks in advance.

Duke

Stunt Coordinator
how many amps is the line/breaker 15, 20.... add up the rates of the eqpmnt, if it's less than the line rating you should be ok, if it's more split them into another line, noot just another outlet on the same line.

Wayne McRae

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks guys,I assumed that with all the juice I would have to do something special.This keeps things simple.Thanks again.

Troy TN

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Wayne..Did you notice a big improvement in sound adding the adcom over using the Denon's internal amps?

Wayne McRae

Stunt Coordinator
Troy,YES,a huge improvement to be exact.I knew going in that Adcom isn't exactly Krell or Levinson,but I got it for such a steal that I couldn't pass it up.My old Denon 2700 only has pre outs for the L/C/R so I'm only using 3 channels right now,but I am going to my Rotel dealer to demo the RSP-1066 tomorrow ;) I took everyone else's good advice and added the amp and I couldn't be happier.Highly recommended.
Wayner

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks