Multichannel SACD via SCD-C555ES through Denon 5803 question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chip E, Jul 12, 2002.

1. Chip E

Chip E Screenwriter

I hooked up a rear center this morning to check DTS-ES discrete (Haunting DTS-ES, works pretty good even with the rear-center right over top me on my dvd storage rack, distance set too 0). I then was curious how this new speaker configuration would handle a multichannel SACD (James Taylor-Hourglass). I thought since this is a 5.1 mix that NO sound would come from my back center (B&W LRC3) but, i'm getting sound? Is this correct? Keith, you out there pal?.. Anyone's help would be appreciated, thanks. [​IMG]
    UPDATE:
    Well,
    It was really bugging me so, i decided their had to be something i was missing. Especially when i switched to two channel and the sub was still active! I went into the onscreen display, through the menus and discovered an option under the "external in1" for "DSP" or "analog". It was set to DSP. I switched it to analog and bam!, no more sub in two channel. I then switched to the multichannel track and DEAD silence out of the rear center. I got it! Cool....have a good weekend folks. [​IMG]

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Chip, glad to hear you figured out the problem. I figured you had some extra processing going on.