1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Multi-Zone feature on receivers and pre/pro. Worth it???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Curtis_Edwards, Aug 2, 2001.

1. Curtis_Edwards

Curtis_Edwards Stunt Coordinator

I am curious, there are more and more receivers and pre/pros out there that are claiming 2,3 and sometimes even 4 independent zones for 2 channel stuff, how many people are really using the multi-zone feature?
    What are your thoughts for or against?
    How is set up?
    Thanks.
    ------------------
    -- CUE
    "Without Struggle There Is No Progress!!"

2. erikk

erikk Stunt Coordinator

Owned 5 receivers/pre-amps with the feature never once used it.
    ------------------
    Erik K
    SV Subwoofers

3. Dan Da Silva

Dan Da Silva Stunt Coordinator

Hey Curtis I have a Sony DB940 reciever and it has the multi zone feature in it and I love it. when I first got it I figured I wouldn't use it but now I do all the time. Say if I'm playing my playstation 2 through the reciever and I don't want to listen to the games audio I just flip on the second zone and listen to the radio while I play. Great feature. [​IMG]
    ------------------

4. John Fieldstadt

John Fieldstadt Stunt Coordinator

I also have the DB940 and I love having the second zone feature during the summer. I can load up the CD changer and entertain the wife and kids all afternoon by the pool while I enjoy a ballgame or movie with my system going full blast inside. Prior to getting the DB940 I was stuck listening to the crappie TV speakers while they listened to music by the pool. It definitely improve my summer afternoons!
    ------------------
    Sony KP-61HS10, Sony DB940, Toshiba SD-6200, JVC HR-7600U, Sony CE545, Sony Sat. Receiver, Klipsch Reference Series (RB-5, RC-3 & RS-3), Klipsch KSW-15, Sennheiser RS-6, Sony RM-AV2100