What's new

Multi User Account On 4K AppleTV? (1 Viewer)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
This is what the iTunes page keeps showing. But I will still check later with the Apple TV and my Marantz! Seeing some Vudu movies that I used the code from my 4K discs and they are not showing up in iTunes. But the iTunes is showing up in Vudu, ROFL kinda.

iTunes SC 001.jpg

iTunes SC 002.jpg

iTunes SC 003.jpg

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
This is what the iTunes page keeps showing. But I will still check later with the Apple TV and my Marantz!

I can only repeat what I already posted - your computer can't play that kind of audio, so it's not going to show as an option there. It does show on the Apple TV for those titles.

Seeing some Vudu movies that I used the code from my 4K discs and they are not showing up in iTunes. But the iTunes is showing up in Vudu, ROFL kinda.

We might be able to help but we're going to need examples...

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
And the workaround in that situation is to redeem those studios' codes at both iTunes and Vudu.
I haven't been able to do that workaround for Lionsgate nor MGM titles. It's either one or the other. I have been able to redeem Paramount titles at Vudu then iTunes or viceversa.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I haven't been able to do that workaround for Lionsgate nor MGM titles. It's either one or the other. I have been able to redeem Paramount titles at Vudu then iTunes or viceversa.

It's been a loooong time since I've redeemed a code so you could be right, but to my memory you can as long as you redeem directly at iTunes and Vudu, and not on a studios code redeem site that asks you to select which service you prefer.

Again, not 100% sure though.

Last edited:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Now up to about 25 titles on iTunes! Was going to watch one or two titles with the Apple TV but with the passing of Peter Mayhew (Chewbaca). I will be watching Star Wars: A New Hope and Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi on my next day off!

iTunes Movies 0012.jpg

Last edited:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I have gone from 17 titles to 32 titles on iTunes not even including the codes I have redeemed! However I will be going through a spike in disc purchases as soon as I get my new 4K blu-ray upgrade soon!

Darn you Robert & Josh, LMAO after I said I would not do streaming! ROFL :rolling-smiley:

cf37b210d11e784ab91b044e88a17db1.gif

Last edited:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I am concerned about Disney content being taken from iTunes once Disney starts it's own streaming service!

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I am concerned about Disney content being taken from iTunes once Disney starts it's own streaming service!
Disney material will disappear from subscription services such as Netflix and Hulu as The Mouse moves that material to its own subscription service. However, iTunes and Vudu are not subscription services, but instead are store fronts to purchase digital content. Disney material on those platforms will not be going anywhere.

Personally, I would not buy digital content on iTunes anyway, as Disney does not provide Apple with 4K versions of their films (and Disney digital content prices are too high for my tastes, anyway). The only Disney material in my digital library is from digital codes that came with disc purchases.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Personally, I would not buy digital content on iTunes anyway, as Disney does not provide Apple with 4K versions of their films (and Disney digital content prices are too high for my tastes, anyway).
You mean you wouldn’t buy Disney digital content on iTunes right? I agree with that but I buy most of my non Disney content on iTunes as it’s a better bargain.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
You mean you wouldn’t buy Disney digital content on iTunes right? I agree with that but I buy most of my non Disney content on iTunes as it’s a better bargain.
That's what he means as we all know that Disney and iTunes are having a dispute over iTunes upgrading titles to 4K without charge which is why Disney is withholding 4K from iTunes.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Yes, I meant Disney content. I buy digital content from other studios all the time on iTunes -- their prices are usually lower than anyone else, and as Robert said, non-4K purchases get automatically upgraded to 4K if that title becomes available on iTunes (which is why Disney will not provide Apple with 4K content).

I rarely see Disney digital content for less than $15 anywhere. At that price, I will just wait for a sale on the disc instead. The disc usually comes with a digital code, too.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yes, I meant Disney content. I buy digital content from other studios all the time on iTunes -- their prices are usually lower than anyone else, and as Robert said, non-4K purchases get automatically upgraded to 4K if that title becomes available on iTunes (which is why Disney will not provide Apple with 4K content).

I rarely see Disney digital content for less than $15 anywhere. At that price, I will just wait for a sale on the disc instead. The disc usually comes with a digital code, too.
The Disney and iTunes dispute with no 4K Disney titles available on iTunes is one of the reasons why I'm really looking forward to Disney+.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
The Disney and iTunes dispute with no 4K Disney titles available on iTunes is one of the reasons why I'm really looking forward to Disney+.
Is Disney+ confirmed to show their films in 4K/HDR/Dolby Vision if available?

Will it cost extra to stream in 4K?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks