Multi system VCR/DVD?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by PaulDW, Apr 4, 2006.

1. PaulDW

PaulDW Auditioning

Does anybody make a recordable multi system VCR/DVD that will play both PAL/NTSC video tapes on one side and also DVD's from the UK and the US and that can record also?

I have lots of video tapes from Great Britain and the US and I buy dvd's from both countries also so I'd like one unit that can play all and can also record from the TV and recored VCR tapes onto DVD's.

TIA.

2. PaulDW

PaulDW Auditioning

Anybody?

I assume a multi system VCR and DVD all in one unit does not even exist then for us Brits that now live in the US?

[​IMG]

3. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    I would be surprised if such a device existed, since the demand for it would be practically zero.

I think there might be external PAL/NTSC converters available, most likely a professional product If you can’t Google something, see if you can find a Forum for TV/video professionals.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

4. PaulDW

PaulDW Auditioning

Thanks, yeah I cannot find what I'm looking for anywhere. They would sell to alot to foreigners now living in the US if they made it. Many ex pats I know have lots of PAL and NTSC VHS tapes and buy DVD's from "home" and DVD's here.

I'm now looking for a multi system DVD that can hold more than 1 cd for music.

The Denon 3910 plays all regions of DVD's but only holds 1 disc at a time. For a grand I'd like it to hold more than 1 cd. When entertaining you want that "shuffle" option of playing songs at random from a few cd's and I can't seem to find a unit that does that either.

Striking out everywhere I look. I guess I'd have to add a multi disc holder onto the DVD player.

Yet another thing to add on.

5. DonRo

DonRo Extra

Hi Paul...

You need to do a google on "code free dvd vhs recorder" (add your favorite manufacturer if you like) I am looking for the same functionality and tending towards a Panasonic model (DMR-EH80VEGS here in Germany.)

Good luck...
    Don

6. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    The DVD side of it is remarkably easy. You can get a Philips at your local Wal-Mart for $50 for that. It's the VHS part that is difficult, and expensive.