1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Multi-region DVD players?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tim_S, Oct 10, 2001.

1. Tim_S

Tim_S Stunt Coordinator

I have a friend who is looking for a multi-region DVD player. The only one I know of is the Malata but don't know much about it. Anyone know of a decent one? If the Malata is a good deal anyone have a good source for them? I haven't been able to find it at most of the places I normally look.
    Thanks,
    Tim

2. Brajesh Upadhyay

Brajesh Upadhyay Supporting Actor

For progressive scan playback & scaling features, the Malata N996 can't be beat. Try www.avdeals.com
    A cheap alternative is getting an APEX AD-703 & 'modifying' it for regionfree playback. Do a search on Yahoo! -- the mod is simple to do.

3. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

For non-progessive, I recently received some Malata DVD-N900R's. I can find no major shortcomings with it and it seems to be nicely built. It's multiregion and it's supposed to be Macrovision-free, but I haven't tested that yet. It sells for $295 Canadian.
    If you have any other questions, post 'em here or email me at [email protected]
    ------------------
    John Golitsis
    Next Big Thing Electronics