What's new

Multi-Region Blu-Ray Players (1 Viewer)

English Invader

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Simon
Following my recent discovery of a region A Criterion edition of Barry Lyndon in another thread, I've decided it's time to start looking for a BR player that will allow me to play region locked imports. Barry Lyndon and Five Easy Pieces are just enough incentive for me to make it happen.

I've browsed around a bit on eBay and Amazon and one of the things I've noticed is that there are a lot of listings at a lower price point for BR players that only have multi-region functionality for DVD and not for BR. I thought it best to bring the matter to the forum's attention to try and save newbies from being caught out by this. Many of the listings misrepresent themselves and only mention the limited functionality in the small print.

This is the one I'm thinking of going for:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/2016-SONY-...=multi+region+blu+,aps,220&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

I'm open to other suggestions if anyone knows of a better one at a similar price point. I could also use a few pointers on things to look out for or any other information you think I'm missing. Thank you in advance for your help and the time you've taken to read this.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
I bought from Amazon the Sony BDP-S1100 two years ago and no issues at all. Plays all the regions Blu-ray & dvd just fine on my 4K tv.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I have the US based Sony 6700 -- basically the same model with 3D and a few other addons

It's a good unit, incredibly small and light. Unfortunately this make it relatively noisy, and it just feels flimsy overall with absolutely no front display (some like some don't). OTOH, it's played everyhing I've put into the player included some older discs that may have a bit of rot/cloudiness developing.

I

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks