What's new

Multi-disc DVDs (TV shows, etc.) are cheaper in Canada. Why? (1 Viewer)

BradG

Stunt Coordinator
Also, being from Alberta (Edmonton) myself, be wary of the extreme redneck attitudes typical of there, people who have too much time to bitch and navel-gaze about how oppressed and misunderstood they are, and spend time watching the covers instead of the content. That tells you plenty right there...
I have to agree with Gates - I don't know what the above comment is supposed to mean and what it has to do with buying DVD's? If you are trying to indicate that people here are more concerned with the bilingual covers than the movies, I would respond that there are people all over North America with those same concerns. I don't care either way myself, but then I guess I must not be a person with extreme redneck attributes.

????

RossHy

Agent
I have another question - When you use amazon.ca, at what point is your purchase converted to US dollars?

ChrisJefferys

Stunt Coordinator
Are there any Canadians who do order alot out of the states? I would think that the exchange and shipping would make it too expensive, especially with boutique stores that can special order for you
I order my Criterions and Indie stuff (Blue Underground, Image, etc) from the US, HK stuff from US or HK (if I can't find them in Toronto's Chinatown or Pacific mall) and region 2 stuff from Europe or Japan.Everything else I buy here in Canada. Of course, we Canadians can really get nailed on duties and taxes. But I got it all figured out.:D I have a mail box over the border at Mail Boxes Etc, and bring the DVDs into Canada myself (customs at the border are alot more lenient with how much you can import compared with using the mail).

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Shipping is not too bad - I usually order a bunch of stuff at once and use the Expedited Internation Shipping. It takes less than a week to get to me.
I buy from amazon.ca too and it gets shipped to me out in Singapore in exactly eight days on regular postal service (which on their site says will take 6-8 weeks)

I wonder why there's such a big discrepancy in the timing? a major case of CYA in case something gets delayed? but hey, for the big saving, I'd be willing to wait a few weeks anyway -- my first purchase was BoB, with Bab5 to boot, so I was happy to wait several weeks. the package showed exactly 8 days after shipping -- another bonus.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks