Multi-channel cables

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill Blank, Sep 5, 2002.

1. Bill Blank

Bill Blank Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone make multi-channel preamp-->power amp cables or am I stuck buying 3 pairs and having one left over?

Thanks,
    Bill

2. David_Rivshin

David_Rivshin Second Unit

The only such set of cable I've seen is an IXOS 6 channel cable sold by www.accessories4less.com, however I don't think that they are particularly cost-effective, and you'll end up with a (useless?) extra on both ends... always room for 6.1 audio, perhaps? [​IMG]
    If you only need 5 channels, how about getting 2 2 channel cables and a 1 channel of the same make? Some heat-shrink tubing could help with organization and looks. You could also get 3 2 channel cables, and separate one of them, getting you a cheap subwoofer cable in the deal [​IMG] Another option might be 3 a channel audio-video cable and a 2 channel audio cable where the audio cables are identical to the video, which is usually the case. As always heat-shrink tubing can clean things up abit.
    Where there's a will, there's a way [​IMG]
    -- Dave

3. Tom Boucher

Tom Boucher Second Unit

catcables.com has a 5-AMP Cable that does what you want. Five interconnects in one cable.

Going to get one soon I hope. Need to update my cables from the ones I've had for the last, oh, 15 years (and not all of them were bought at the same time, little here, little there)

4. Mark Rich

Mark Rich Second Unit

Just go to any of the on-line custom cable makers
    (Bettercables.com, RhinoCables.com, Catcables.com etc.) and you can buy the exact qty you need with no left overs.