What's new

Mulholland Drive with Scene Selection (1 Viewer)

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
I did a search on here, and could only find people complaining about the lack of Chapter Stops. Has anyone here gotten the Korean release of this movie? A friend of mine got it (he said it was cheaper then the U.S. release at $19) and it has Scene Selection, Film Highlights, Cast and Crew biographies and filmographies, Behind the Scenes clips, Photo Gallery, Music Video, Production Notes, & US Theatrical Trailer.
There is a review about it here .
The reviewer says that Universal rushed its U.S. release because of all the press the movie got with the Oscars, so they didn't have time to put the extra features on it. I'm not sure about the Scene Selections though. Apparently Lynch doesn't have any say over his creations with Starmax, across seas.
This film is in NTSC and coded for all regions, so it'll play here. The reviewer also says...
The transfer of the film itself appears to be the exact same one as the Universal US disc (which makes sense, as Starmax is the official distributor of Universal titles in Korea). While I thought the compression would be pretty bad since they had to fit all the extras on the disc, it's actually not that different from Universal's US disc. There's no DTS track, just the English DD 5.1 one, so I suspect that's where they saved their bits.
The lack of DTS might bother some on this forum, but the addition of Scene Selections will bring joy to many peoples hearts (Of course, I'm sure there are people that want both) Just thought I'd let anyone on this forum know about this that doesn't know.
You can buy it here... krdvd

The reason for the lack of chapter stops is that the director David Lynch wants people to watch his movies all the way through and therefore on the vast majority of his films they run continously.

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
I know why there are no chapter stops in the American release, I was simply stating that along with the special features, this release also has Scene Selections (some people would consider this a special feature for a Lynch movie). This has become a big selling point on Lynch forums that complained much more then people here did. I don't wish to make this another thread bashing Lynch for his decisions with his releases, just merely pointing out the advantages of this Korean release.

Also, one big disadvantage is that it takes the movie 2 1/2 weeks for shipping since there is a surplus of U.S. buyers.

Carl C

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone know if the Korean version is unaltered?

Without getting too detailed, Lynch reportedly had Naomi Watts' uh, stuff :b "blurred" for the Region 1 release per her request.

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
I assume that Korean Mullholland DVD is not all region, correct?
Nope, it is an all region release, which makes it wonderfully compatible with our players.
Jeff,
Do you have this copy? If so, are you noticing any difference at all between the 2 transfers (U.S. v Korean)?

Brajesh Upadhyay

Supporting Actor
How are the Behind The Scenes Clips?
Good. It's nice to see an interview w/Lynch (he rarely gives interviews). The making-of featurette is pretty short & promotional in nature from what I remember, but decent nonetheless.

For me, having a cover with both Watts & Harring, chapter stops & a few supplements was enough to upgrade to the Korean version. I can also confirm it's a region 0 NTSC DVD. Picture quality is identical to the U.S. version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks