What's new

Mulholland Drive 4/9 (1 Viewer)

Joe Schwartz

Second Unit
Hmmm, no scene selection menu, so presumably no chapter stops either. Oh well, but that won't stop me from buying it.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I believe David Lynch insisted on no chapter stops, again, as he has done with his other films. He wants you to watch the film linearally and not have it broken up.

Bruce

Doug R

Supporting Actor
I love David Lynch and I love this movie but no chapter stops is really freakin' annoying.

I love the song in Club Silencio and would like to go straight to it often.. but now I can't. Joy!

It would be cool if they put chapter stops in as an easter egg or something so that Joe-Six-Pack wouldn't be able to do it but savvy people that have already seen Mulholland Drive 4 times would be able too.

Grrr.

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
You can jump ahead using the time counter thing on the DVD player.

I had to do this for the Elephant Man when I needed to take the disc out in the middle of the movie.

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
Though, one thing that Mark McLeod and I have been talking about is the Canadian release by TVA, if it is going to be the same Universal disc plopped into the case or their own release (which if it is, will at the very least be anamorphic and Dolby 5.1, in which case I'll get it). I'll keep an eye out for news on this one.
Rest assured Jason and my other fellow Canadian's that TVA will be using the Universal master and aside from adding their own French 5.1 track the disc will be the same as the US release. Hopefully this won't effect the video quality.

This has been confirmed by my source at TVA and looks like according to the preliminary box art it will be DD/DTS 5.1 English and DD 5.1/French.

There is no mention of the bonus features but I'd expect we'll be lucky to get the trailer.

Also TVA's release will come out one week later (April 16th) then the US release. The reasoning given by my source was that the 16th was the date originally given by Universal and once the date was changed it was too late in the process for TVA to go back to the 9th.

Anyways. Rest assured this one is being handled right by TVA.

Mark

Josh_Hill

Screenwriter
Since this film never came to my city, I will most certainly buy the DVD. Sounds like a winner.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
I frickin' LOVE that cover! :D
I, too, would pay Criterion prices for this film. No complaints there.
But..
No chapter stops? :confused:
Not that I'm that really annoyed by it, because this is never a film I would watch in stops and starts.
Joseph

Luke_A

Agent
Maybe it will be like the Fire Walk With Me disc in which there is no Scene Selection, but there are chapter stops...

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
This movie rocks. I'd love to see David Lynch get the "Best Director" Oscar, even though the odds are about 100-1 against him. Just look at this quote from today's USA Today:
(Regarding the "Best Directory" category this year...)
"It's nerve-racking," [Ridley] Scott says. "I don't think I'd be comfortable putting my money on anything to win this year."
Most studios are taking the opposite approach, waging the kind of publicity campaigns normally reserved for best picture and the acting categories. The exception is Lynch, who requested that no trade ads be taken out on his behalf.
"Wouldn't it be absurd to win the award for the best ad?" Lynch says. "You put your trust in fate, and hopefully the work you did has something to do with the vote as well."
Lynch rules.
Link Removed

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
"Wouldn't it be absurd to win the award for the best ad?" Lynch says. "You put your trust in fate, and hopefully the work you did has something to do with the vote as well."
If only everyone in Hollywood thought like Lynch.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
apparently the $32.98 list price is correct, with most sites selling it for $23.xx +postage.

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
Lawrence,
Thanks for posting the link to the cover. It appears that the US cover is indeed similar to the Canadian cover that TVA sent me the other week.
I can't wait to get this disc :)
Mark

Lawrence Davis

Stunt Coordinator
Mark,

I think it's great we don't have to wait years to own this on DVD. For once, we get a timely release of a David Lynch film on DVD. I hope the video and audio are as good as they deserve to be. Fingers crossed.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
all-
now heres a link from CNL that shows a totally different cover-which would make sense-as it is being put out by in Canada by COLUMBIA.
-better still, the price is $17.22USD, after postage would be about $21.00USD-at least to where I live...
https://www.cnl.com/products/08926.jpg

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
now heres a link from CNL that shows a totally different cover-which would make sense-as it is being put out by in Canada by COLUMBIA.
-better still, the price is $17.22USD, after postage would be about $21.00USD-at least to where I live...
Actually TVA International is releasing this one in Canada though they are distributed by Columbia Tristar. According to my source at TVA the disc will street one week later (April 16th) then the Universal disc and will contain an additional DD 5.1 French track. It remains to be seen if this will affect the video.
Here's a blowup of the full cover art for the Canadian disc.
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks