Mudvayne!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Giordani, Aug 11, 2001.

1. Chris Giordani

Chris Giordani Auditioning

I got into this new hardcore metal group about 2 months ago, and just two weeks after I got into their stuff, they were on multiple magazine covers/features! I was thinking, "Whoa...was it my specific purchase of their cd that made them big?" LOL.
    Anywho, these guys are quite an original group with songs, from their album "L.D.50", talking about what happens when people mess with technology and science. Pretty deep material.
    Does anybody have their album? I do, and they've already become one of my top 3 favorite bands.

2. JohanK

JohanK Second Unit

Welcome to HTF Chris.
    I have the Mudvayne album. I don't listen to it too much but I do like it. I bought it b/c of Dig but I also like (-1), Death Blooms and Severed.
    ------------------
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/bbs/equipment/28687.html
    [​IMG]

3. Chris Giordani

Hey, thanks for the welcome, Johan! It's much appreciated. [​IMG]
    Anywho, I'm pretty crazy about this band. Just ask Scott Simonian. He'll tell you.
    My favorite song on the whole album is definately "Prod".
    [Edited last by Chris Giordani on August 12, 2001 at 04:18 PM]

4. JohanK

JohanK Second Unit

Chris, I listened to the album again today b/c of this thread. I must agree, Prod is excellent...fast becoming my favorite of theirs.
    What other bands are you into?
    I like stuff like Slipknot, Korn, Pitchshifter, Spineshank, Dope, System of a Down, Powerman5000, and Static-X.
    ------------------
    [​IMG]

5. paul h

paul h Supporting Actor

Haven't heard the album but quite like Dig...
    Johan, If you like Powerman5000 check out Union Underground and Professional Murder Music, both great albums. New StaticX album is superb!
    [Edited last by paul h on August 13, 2001 at 05:58 AM]

6. Tyler_C

Tyler_C Auditioning

I got into Mudvayne a couple years ago when I friend of mine told me to download some songs from one of their demos before they got signed (death blooms was the song I downloaded). My favorite song on the CD is (K)now (F)orever, Prod is really good too though. Mudvayne's bassist is incredible...
    To be picky Mudvayne isn't hardcore though...hardcore is a heavier/faster form of punk. Converge, Isis, Black Flag, Refused, etc...are hardcore.
    Powerman 5000's first CD was good (Mega Kung Fu Radio), but I can't listen to the other two.
    Anyway, other heavy bands I like: Nothingface, System of a Down, Vision of Disorder, Deftones, Helmet, Refused, (hed)pe, Glassjaw, Fear Factory, Boy Hits Car, Dog Fashion Disco, Ultraspank, Spineshank, Nonpoint, American Head Charge, Sevendust, Snot, Downset, Incubus (used to be heavy at least).
    If you guys like Mudvayne you should check out Nothignface, imo they're the best metal band around right now by far. If you want to check them out I'd suggest downloading the songs Bleeder, Grinning, Same Solution, and For All The Sin.

7. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

Not to seem like an old fart, especially being that I am only 20 years old, but how can you like this? I saw the video for Dig the other day and i DID NOT UNDERSTAND A SINGLE WORD BESIDES DIG. And when I was watching the video I was thinking, ppl listen and buy this stuff.
    I then started thinking that if I painted my head and screamed at a point where you couldn't understand me over loud guitars/bass/drums could I make lots of money, well right after I got this idea I got a record deal for 3 albums at $6 million a piece plus publishing, blah, blah, blah....be sure to check out my new band Screaming Painted Head White Guys with Loud Guitars/Bass/Drums. I think our first album will be called, "I can't believe you bought this!"
    Seriously though, it is nice to see something else besides teen pop becoming popular, but atleast with teen pop I understood what they were saying half the time [​IMG]
    BTW-I don't listen to mainstream music anyways, I am more into darkwave/synthpop/electro/even some older industrial.

8. JohanK

JohanK Second Unit

Paul, I have the Union Underground album and have seen them in concert at a local club. Like 'em. I will check out Prof. Murder Music...thanx. BTW, saw Static-X with Godsmack and they definitely stole the show.
    Tyler, Nothingface is excellent in concert...seen 'em twice already. I like Ultraspank also.
    Kelley, most don't get into the 'heavy' stuff...to each his own. BTW, my tastes diverge a bit into techno (trance and house mostly)...no need to limit oneself. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    [​IMG]

9. Rob_C

Rob_C Stunt Coordinator

Nothingface is a great band live and studio. I loved their first two albums but thought the new one was a little to polished. But still it was better than most of the rock out there now.

10. Chris Giordani

Johan, I'm a true metal guy. I listen to Mudvayne, Metallica (I love them no matter what anybody says), From Zero, Drowning Pool, Disturbed, Static-X, Slipknot ("Iowa" is released August 28th), StainD, etc. I'm a sucker for good rock.

11. JohanK

JohanK Second Unit

Anybody seen Mudvayne's 'Death Blooms' video yet? [​IMG]
    ------------------
    [​IMG]