MTX SW2 subwoofer

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by kyle ^_^, Jul 7, 2004.

1. kyle ^_^

kyle ^_^ Agent

Ive heard some people mention the MTX SW2 sub, but nobody seems to have owned it. For $179 from circuit city, it seems like a good deal for someone like me. Im not an audiophile by any means, i just want a sub that will produce more bass then the one that came in my HTiB setup. This 12" 100w RMS unit looks like what im looking for... should i get it? Can anyone find a review on it? the people on the circuit city website say good things about it, but id like to read a more in depth review on it... Oh and i also found it online at a place brand new for $125 shipped [​IMG]

2. Kevin_T

Kevin_T Extra

What website did you find it at? Im still looking at this sub and I too would like to know if anyone has an opinion.

3. kyle ^_^

kyle ^_^ Agent

It was an ebay seller. He had two of them listed brand new for $125 shipped, so i went ahead and bought one. He has great feedback, almost 10,000 with 99.2% positive so im sure it will go fine. If you do a search on ebay for MTX SW2 the other one he is selling will come up. Seems like a steal to me. Ill let you know how it sounds.

4. PeterN

PeterN Stunt Coordinator

I have a friend who used this sub for his "low buck" setup. In my opinion, it was a great buy! It definately gets the job done. Movies and music both sound 100% better considering he didn't have a sub at all. For the price, I bet you will be pleased. His brother has an SVS and obviously, its tough to compare the two.

I'm curious to see how this sub would go up against the Dayton?

5. kyle ^_^

kyle ^_^ Agent

Yes i was also wondering how it would stack up against a dayton... Anyway i know it will be a hell of a lot better than the 6.5" 63watt sub that came with my HTiB setup!