What's new

MTV's The Real World - Complete First Season coming to DVD (1 Viewer)

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I don't know if this has been announced or not -- I searched around on the Internet and didn't see anything. But we're working on this at my video post production job. (And, frankly, I wish we weren't.) I have no idea when it will be released, though.

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Actually, to be accurate, what I'm working on does not specifically say it's for DVD -- but I can't imagine they'd do a season box set on VHS only. And when we did the upcoming Paramount "I Love Lucy" DVDs, they did not state they were for DVD, either. (They're both Paramount series, maybe they just don't specify on their work orders.)

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Do you know if you'll be working on other seasons of the show?

The show sucks arse, but I WOULD get the San Francisco season (the only "real" one, for my money) and the New Orleans one.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
The seasons I would buy include:
- New York (the first one)
- San Francisco
- Miami (the BEST Real World season)
- Boston
- Seattle
- Hawaii (the 2nd BEST Real World season)
- New Orleans
The other seasons don't matter to me (even if London does have Kat :)).

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Which one had Puc? Hawaii was good, man would I love to own that house. I don't really remember any of the others. I remember seeing an episode every once in a while of the New Orleans one.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Hawaii (the 2nd BEST Real World season)
Oh man, how I hated that one lol

- Good news: One of the female housemates gets naked at the drop of a hat! Bad news: It's the least attractive, most obnoxious one.

- Playa-wannabe Teck makes Eddie Griffin look classy.

- Prototype android Kaia (aka KA-1A) poses as a deep, spiritual young woman. Forgets to feign intelligence and drop monotone.

- Future dirty old man Matt causes conflict so he can sweep in and save the day. Fakest crying in RW history, and that's including the NY2 cast.

- Emotionally stunted frat kids Colin and Amaya play schoolyard courtship, 10% of viewers gouge own eyes out.

- Slimy producers fake concern over Ruthie's drinking problem, yet have no problem with letting her get behind the wheel and follow her around town.

Justin's mind games with Colin and Amaya were the only thing that kept me watching. Too bad he had to leave early.

Sam Hatch

Stunt Coordinator
What are they going to do with the music? MTV usually takes all of the videos sent to them that are too cool to actually play and uses their music as the 'score' to the show.
Are they going to shell out the extra cash to have the same songs on the videos or are they writing new music like they do for those Real World compilations?
I just thought, maybe we can eventually see the full video for David's 'Come On Be My Baby Tonight'! Zwee boppa zwee doppa doo! :)

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
It's probably part of the contract the castmates sign with the production company. Perhaps they promise them to blur out all nudity, considering the potential for unintentional exposure that comes with living with a camera crew for five months. Chances are no uncensored master exists anywhere.

Sam Hatch

Stunt Coordinator
After what happened with videotaped nude 'flashing' in Miami, Flora would probably go nuts if anything uncensored ever made its way to the public.
Or perhaps she'd be too busy making coffee shops 'for beautiful people'! :)

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Miami was definitely the best. When I watched it was for conflict and arguments, Miami had that 24X7.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I have Real World Miami Sarah Becker's autograph and here's a photo that she let me take of her when I was at the 1997 San Diego Comicon (she used to be the editor of a comic book called "Gen13" which was just cancelled this month). Sarah was my favorite from that season, which was a total bitch-fest. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks